ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Semifinals are set...Cats vs. Gators

UKErik

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
The Hogs play LSU in the other game. Single elimination from here on out.

GBB!!!

I tried to watch the MSU game, but by midnight, I had to get to bed.
Boy, was I disappointed the next morning when I found out what a great ending I missed!

Best of luck to the Cats today. Beat Gators!

Ridiculous that a UF team that we already beat once in this tournament can send us home by returning the favor in the semi finals. Tournament should be double elimination throughout or single elimination all the way. This mix is ridiculous!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I agree that the format is pretty stupid. It penalizes the winners it seems.

FL top of the 1st
4-3
K
HBP (picked off 1-3-6) didn't even come close to tagging him but hey, that's ok

UK bottom of 1st
BB scored on double
2B
E1
L4 doubled runner on first (Reed was back before the ball but was standing on 1B's foot and not the base)
1B men on first and 3rd
K

UK 1 FL 0

Really hoping they can pull this one out. Gonna make the drive down there from Nashville tomorrow if they do.

This post was edited on 5/24 4:52 PM by KentUcKy-Kats

UK top of 3
F9
2B moved to 3rd on WP score on Sac Fly
BB
F8 Sac Fly
BB
BB
1B runner on 3rd scores
5-4
Damn, left the bases loaded
UK 3 FL 0

Some one please define a balk for me because the one just called does not fit my definition.

FL top of 3
BB 3rd on 2B, score on 1B
2B 3rd on 1B, score of fielders choice
6-4 should have been easy double play, Shelby lost the ball in transition
K
5-3

UK 3 FL 2

The balk was crap

Austin Cousino's mom is really upset with him right now. That was a bad f bomb on national TV.

UK bottom of 4
1B
F5
F5
4-6

UK 3 FL 2

FL top of 5
K
BB, second on BB, 3rd on WP, score on 1B
BB, second on WP, score on 1B
2-3
1B
4-3

UK 3 FL4

FL top of 6
1B, 2nd on 1B, 3rd on sac bunt, out at home 6-2-5 on FC
1B, 2nd on sac bunt
Sac bunt 5-4
1st on FC
4-3

UK 3 FL 4

If UK loses this game it will mark the second time in three years that we've made it to the Saturday game in the tournament and lost to a team we'd beaten earlier in the tournament. Just a stupid format.

Double post. Sorry.
This post was edited on 5/24 6:42 PM by Comebakatz3

Great bottom of 6 for UK. Cousino gets a single thru the gap to score one and tie the game. Cousino then steals second. Kuhn with a double to give UK the lead at 5-4. AJ hit by pitch to put men on 1st and second, but Tom grounds out to short to end the inning.

5-4 UK heading to top of 7th.

UK bottom of 6
K
E3, 2nd on sac bunt, score on 1B
Sac Bunt 5-3
1B, 2nd on sac bunt, score on 2B
2B
HBP, out and second 6-4 on FC
FC

UK 5 FL 4

FL top 7
F7
1B, to 2nd on stolen base, score on 1B
1B, picked off first 1-3
3 unassisted

UK 5 FL 5

FL top of 8
F9
E5, caught stealing 2-4
1B, 3rd on 1B, score on 1B
1B, 2nd on 1B
1B
4-3

UK 5 FL 6

UK bottom of 8
HBP, 2nd on sac bunt
Sac bunt 1-3
K
K

UK 5 FL 6

AJ Reed will lead of the bottom of the 9th

If we lose to Florida I'm going to be pissed. We beat them during the double elimination rounds. The SEC either needs to go strictly double or single elimination. The tournament setup is horse shit, and we're about to be eliminated by a team we JUST beat.

What a stupid tournament! You should at least have to lose 2 games, this setup is completely and utterly stupid. I've never seen a tournament setup so unfairly for a winning team. What a bunch of idiots that setup this up... It's not fair at all for the teams that win you might as well go to the losers bracket because you are just as easily right back in the championship game...LAME!!!

Agree, win too early get eliminated. What moron set this up?

Complete bull crap format. Second year in a row this has happened to us as the other poster said. UF had to lose twice to be eliminated, but we lose once in the semis to a team we beat three days ago and we are done? Would live to see coach or someone higher up come out voicing how dumb this is.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Yeah, it's a stupid format most likely done for TV. The Cats blew this one yesterday, though. Gave up an early 3-run lead after leaving several more runs on the bases and then gave up a late 1-run lead.

Most unfair tournament format I have ever seen! How was Florida allowed to stay in the tournament with one loss, but we are sent packing with one loss? Totally unfair!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT