ADVERTISEMENT

Saw this article last night sounds like uphill climb for OT NIL

Tucker's article in The Athletic stated that they were working on it and people were optimistic but it just seems insane to put your eggs in the "this federal rule will get fixed before the draft deadline" basket. I don't know a ton about this or the processes to fix it but it just does not strike me as an issue that will have a speedy fix.

In today's world of waning NCAA power, and the biggest cheaters still winning titles and pulling in tons of major recruits, WHO CARES? If you get caught, plead ignorance, get the cases stayed and delayed for years and years and pray that by time any ruling or punishment comes down, the NCAA won't exist.

• Angry
Reactions: KFuqua and JoeSwag
Said by someone who obviously was not a UK fan yet in the late 80's and had to endure probation.
I’m not as concerned about the ncaa as I am about OT getting booted from the country. I don’t think the ncaa would care unless it came from Cals pocket

Isn't it crazy that a foreign visa holding student cannot EARN while here, but any illegal entering across the southern border is welcomed and provided all sorts of FREEBIES?

Talk about convoluted!!

rr
It’s exactly the same. Neither are legally allowed to work here.. If Oscar wants to go hang drywall it would be the same. If an undocumented worker from Mexico wants to make himself a public figure earning money, he would likely be deported. You are actually arguing that an illegal should be allowed to work and earn money.

Reactions: Midway Cat
Oscar just needs to be paid under the table and get it over with and start building for next year.
I mean this isn't a bad idea.

Does anyone have any faith in the NCAA actually punishing anyone with anything substantial? The NCAA literally grows weaker every day that passes. Schools and players have more and more power. Look at the "punishments" they handed down to schools like Auburn and NC State. Does anyone expect them hand down anything substantial to Kansas, Louisville, LSU, Arizona, Memphis, etc? The benefits of getting OT back far, far outweigh the potential punishments. Who knows if UK will get caught and who knows if the NCAA will still be an organization by the time the punishment would even occur. People seem to sort of forget that the FBI scandal broke FIVE YEARS AGO!

The issue though, it's publicly stated why he would comeback vs going to draft. If he stays, and is not getting NiL $. Then it's like instant radar ears for everyone. We are ran by a bunch of dumbasses remember?

Too bad Happy Chandler has passed on or he would get it done.

Last edited:
You don't have to PAY Oscar now. You can PROMISE Oscar now, and allow the time for the rule change to go through. If he had written obligations from some credible Kentucky heavy hitters worth a couple million dollars, the pressure wouldn't be great to decide immediately.

Last edited:
Reactions: HerrosHeroes
It doesn’t reference him specifically rather all the student athletes on student visa who cannot earn NiL. Sounds like it’s gonna take an act of Congress to fix it. But also with 12% of student athletes unable to earn money maybe it will happen.

This completely blows my mind...

If the kid is here legally. Is able to work legally. Go to school legally and so on. Him not being able to get an NIL deal is absolutely ridiculous. He 100% deserves everything good that can happen to him. He's a great kid, good attitude, humble, and just overall a genuine person.

He is everything we as a nation would want in a citizen. I really hope it works out for him in one way or another.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT