ADVERTISEMENT

Salem's Lot remake is finally coming out.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
They've stalled this for almost two years. Nothing will ever beat the 1970s TV version of the novel, but this remake actually looks decent. I liked the usage of Gordon Lightfoot's "Sundown" in the trailer.

They already did a remake with a pretty good cast (Rob Lowe, Rutger Hauer, Donald Sutherland, James Cromwell, etc.). Unfortunately, it wasn't as good as the original.

Nice. I was never a fan of Stephen King movies outside of Carrie, the Dead Zone and the Shining. Glad to see a serious rendition that doesn’t feel like a campy slasher flick. His books always dealt with serious themes that the movies generally ignored.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
They already did a remake with a pretty good cast (Rob Lowe, Rutger Hauer, Donald Sutherland, James Cromwell, etc.). Unfortunately, it wasn't as good as the original.

It was decent until it changed the entire ending of the book for “reasons”.

I’m a big fan of King’s and I always felt ‘Salem’s Lot was a precursor to IT in how he weaved the story of an entire town, its history and its citizens as a magnet for evil and once you peer behind the curtain that small town you grew up in was a lot darker than you realized.

It really has been a reoccurring theme in a lot of King’s work: Salem’s Lot, IT and Needful Things share a lot in that regard. I don’t remember who said it but someone described IT has “Our Town with ghosts” and that pretty much nailed it imho.

They ended principle photography in 2022.
Set to be released in 2022.
Then 2023 in theaters, but the writers strike pushed it to October 2023, and now to October 2024 straight to Max.

No warning flags. Destined to be a blockbuster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT