ADVERTISEMENT

Sad. Former Male and UL star Wesley Cox has had both legs amputated below the knee

Wesley Cox had one of the greatest dunks I ever saw live over Kent Benson (6'10" and the #1 ranked recruit in the country) in the Kentucky-Indiana all-star game in Freedom Hall.

Reactions: YouKay
Prayers for Wesley Cox. He is in a difficult situation.

Reading the story reminded me that in the late 60's and early 70's the city of Louisville and the state of Kentucky was turning out some of the best players in the nation. New York and DC were heavily recruited but Louisville high school teams were loaded as well. There were some NBA talents and a ton of college players in the area

I hate to hear that for anyone, especially someone who was so athletically gifted. I can only imagine what it’s like not being able to even walk anymore. Hopefully with the advancement in prosthetics he can have a similar exposure assuming he has the resources or insurance to get them.
With all the money floating around UofL and college programs these days, somebody ought to be able to find some to get and donate.

Insurance is such a wild wild west sometimes.

When Mom was bedridden, we fought tooth and nail to get her a bariatric bed to help turn and relive pressure on her. 1) It would help with sores and pressure issues. 2) It would help ease my own back and prevent medical visits for both of us. The insurance companies answer: DENIED. They'd rather have paid for expensive treatments and hospital visits. I've never been more furious in my life. So were Mom's own doctors. Just remember folks, when an insurance company is looking to approve or deny something, they don't really value a doctor's input. A doctor can literally say a treatment will save or greatly improve your quality of lie and the insurance can go, "Oh, that's great. NO."

There are 3 games often touted as the best college basketball game ever: the 98 UK-Duke game (of course), 74 NCSt-Maryland (David Thompson), and the 75 UL-UCLA game. Cox was a big part of that.

I was at that 1975 game. It was insane. Cox was a beast. People forget how close we came to a UK-UL championship game that year.

Reading the story reminded me that in the late 60's and early 70's the city of Louisville and the state of Kentucky was turning out some of the best players in the nation. New York and DC were heavily recruited but Louisville high school teams were loaded as well. There were some NBA talents and a ton of college players in the area
Bussing and drugs killed that.

Old enough to remember all these guys and how great HS bb was back then with all that
talent.

Reactions: Mulder14
With all the money floating around UofL and college programs these days, somebody ought to be able to find some to get and donate.

Insurance is such a wild wild west sometimes.

When Mom was bedridden, we fought tooth and nail to get her a bariatric bed to help turn and relive pressure on her. 1) It would help with sores and pressure issues. 2) It would help ease my own back and prevent medical visits for both of us. The insurance companies answer: DENIED. They'd rather have paid for expensive treatments and hospital visits. I've never been more furious in my life. So were Mom's own doctors. Just remember folks, when an insurance company is looking to approve or deny something, they don't really value a doctor's input. A doctor can literally say a treatment will save or greatly improve your quality of lie and the insurance can go, "Oh, that's great. NO."
I believe it, makes no sense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT