ADVERTISEMENT

Royce White on Going to UK

Royce White is not proven to be believable in any aspect of his life. As someone who knows many of the people who have coached/mentored him and had him in their school, let's just say he's not stable and should be very thankful his family has a lot of pull/power in the State High School League. To echo Celticat's comment--this is one that UK is very fortunate to have avoided bringing to Lexington. Talented guy on the court....but would've brought several off the court issues with him none of which were shared in his one on one interview.

One of the few game plans in Cal’s tenure where he had a really smart approach. Loved watching them let Royce run himself into the ground while absolutely shutting down everyone else. Went from a game I’d been worried about to a fun and relaxing beat down.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Yea idgaf about the politics, but White put on one of the better performances I've seen in person during the NCAA Tournament at the Yum! Center in 2012...pretty sure it was right before UK played. Guy was legit. Had severe problems with anxiety if I remember right

I heard once from an Iowa State fan that they had to assign an athletic department employee to literally babysit him and to keep him from doing stupid things and actually go to class. And he had the same problems in high school but just had the good fortune of being really great at basketball so people just justified his behavior.

I heard once from an Iowa State fan that they had to assign an athletic department employee to literally babysit him and to keep him from doing stupid things and actually go to class. And he had the same problems in high school but just had the good fortune of being really great at basketball so people just justified his behavior.
Actually his behavior wasn't justified in HS-he was kicked out of DeLaSalle which is a perennial power (Reid Travis alma mater) for repeatedly cheating academically and only thing that was allowed was a cover up because Royce's family has deep ties to MN State HS League and a lot of Twin Cities public figures. That got him to Hopkins another power and all was well as he was part of one of the most talented HS teams in State history. I once saw Rene Pulley kick Royce out of a Twin Cities Pro Am game when he was in HS due to his behavior as well and Howard Pulley was using that as a tune up for the Peach Jam but his behavior was so intolerable that they had to kick him out of the gym. University of Minnesota had to kick him off the team for repeatedly shop lifting and then eventually he assaulted the security at Mall of America after being confronted/caught.

His family excuses and ignores his behavior and refuses to accept any fault he may have in any incident as well.

If you want a more interesting story regarding Cal's initial recruiting at UK--Darnell Dodson/Trevor Mbakwe incident in Junior College (forget but thought it was Miami Dade but could be wrong on the JC). Cover up for a sexual assault that allowed Dodson to get to UK. That story has some interesting angles.

Actually his behavior wasn't justified in HS-he was kicked out of DeLaSalle which is a perennial power (Reid Travis alma mater) for repeatedly cheating academically and only thing that was allowed was a cover up because Royce's family has deep ties to MN State HS League and a lot of Twin Cities public figures. That got him to Hopkins another power and all was well as he was part of one of the most talented HS teams in State history. I once saw Rene Pulley kick Royce out of a Twin Cities Pro Am game when he was in HS due to his behavior as well and Howard Pulley was using that as a tune up for the Peach Jam but his behavior was so intolerable that they had to kick him out of the gym. University of Minnesota had to kick him off the team for repeatedly shop lifting and then eventually he assaulted the security at Mall of America after being confronted/caught.

His family excuses and ignores his behavior and refuses to accept any fault he may have in any incident as well.

If you want a more interesting story regarding Cal's initial recruiting at UK--Darnell Dodson/Trevor Mbakwe incident in Junior College (forget but thought it was Miami Dade but could be wrong on the JC). Cover up for a sexual assault that allowed Dodson to get to UK. That story has some interesting angles.
Dayum, you've really got an axe to grind with him don't you. What'd he ever do to you?

Dayum, you've really got an axe to grind with him don't you. What'd he ever do to you?
Don't have an axe to grind, but when you have factual information about someone and know what was going on, it'll be shared in a topic about them. Never said he sucked as a basketball player.

Cal was involved with him and Trevor Mbakwe who were both MN kids when he first took over the job. White was bad news as shared and Mbakwe helped cover for a JC teammate to get Darnell Dodson to Kentucky in a sexual assault cover up. This is known by people up here. If you'd like to not have factual information about someone in a topic, just add that to the thread, and gladly will not post because it bothers some people to hear the truth.

Don't have an axe to grind, but when you have factual information about someone and know what was going on, it'll be shared in a topic about them. Never said he sucked as a basketball player.

Cal was involved with him and Trevor Mbakwe who were both MN kids when he first took over the job. White was bad news as shared and Mbakwe helped cover for a JC teammate to get Darnell Dodson to Kentucky in a sexual assault cover up. This is known by people up here. If you'd like to not have factual information about someone in a topic, just add that to the thread, and gladly will not post because it bothers some people to hear the truth.

Lol... I thought it was widely known Royce was a horrible person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT