ADVERTISEMENT

Rogers' Profile from Mississippi State Site

The-Hack

All-American
Oct 1, 2016
The only surprise to me: Rogers has two years of eligibility left.

From recollection, he hurt us in '19 as a true frosh, a lot of it with his legs. I seem to recall he wore a beard, almost Amish style.

Again, from recollection, he then missed their bowl game with U of L as someone on the team broke his jaw in a fight.

Maybe I'm conflating two players: if he played '19, '20, '21, '22 and '23, isn't that 4 years excluding the Covid Year? [I was combining a memory from '19 . . . Rogers was in the 2020 State Freshman Class.].

Maybe the Amish looking guy from '19 was a different dude? [He was a Four Star recruit in '19 named Garrett Shrader, who transferred to Syracuse, upon further research].

Well, the un-Amish Rogers is number 2 All-Time in SEC passing, mostly accumulated in Leach's Air Raid offense.

Last edited:
Is he a guy KY is supposedly afterand think we have a chance to land. I like him in the Leach Offense not sure how that translates to Coen’s.

Is he a guy KY is supposedly afterand think we have a chance to land. I like him in the Leach Offense not sure how that translates to Coen’s.
????

At a minimum, he's an SEC arm available.

An infrequent poster, below, made specific reference to him in a post that hints of inside information.

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
????

At a minimum, he's an SEC arm available.

An infrequent poster, below, made specific reference to him in a post that hints of inside information.

So I would assume that means we lose at least Wade and Sheron. What about the Wade that plays defense?

Absolutely not. He's got a below average arm, not known for his mobility although not a statue, had ridiculous stats throwing 2-3 yard passes in the Air Raid, just not what I think we need/want. In a similar system to Leach's, he'd be fine, just not in ours.

Beggars can't be choosers. He's an SEC starting QB. I think we can get better, but if not, I think he can manage us to 7 wins and bridge us to Boley. Run a faster pace offense under Coen.

I'd be curious about his injury status. Seems like he missed a lot of games this year with a significant injury. I don't know anything more about it, and I'm to lazy to look it up, but I don't want Leary part two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT