ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves wtf

Same thing happened in the K-State game last year. He tries way too hard to hit big shots. I like Reeves and he's one of our best players, but I do not want him in the game late if he's just going to shoot desperation 3's. Wager-Sheppard-Dillingham should be finishing games for us, at least right now

Don't feed the trolls.

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

Last night, I think they got tired late... so Reeves taking 3's seemed to be the play. This is where, you needed DJ, or Edwards driving to the basket, and or get fouled. Or even Reeves driving and a pull up shot.

Maybe Kansas just cranked up the D late, and it wouldn't have mattered. And "if" the guy who scores 1 PPG, hadn't hit back to back 3s (while Reeves missed his 2), we might still have won.

Regardless, Calipari has got to find a way to start winning close games down the stretch. Again would love to see the stats on that.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Same thing happened in the K-State game last year. He tries way too hard to hit big shots. I like Reeves and he's one of our best players, but I do not want him in the game late if he's just going to shoot desperation 3's. Wager-Sheppard-Dillingham should be finishing games for us, at least right now
You mean 1 for 12 shooting Wagner? or Dillingham who fouled out and couldn't finish the game? Or Reed who made a couple freshman mistakes at the end of the game that gave KU a handful of points?

I think Reed needs to play more. I think Dilly needs to play more. I think Wagner (last night anyway) should have played less. None of the 3 should've takes any of Reeves minutes though.

And "if" the guy who scores 1 PPG, hadn't hit back to back 3s (while Reeves missed his 2), we might still have won.
Sounds like the guy who averages 1pt a game had ice in his veins. I actually expected Reeves to hit the last two shots. Seems like we saw this same game last year against K-State.
What a Nightmare

3 of 17 may honestly be the worst 3 point shooting display in a single game in UK history.

If he goes just 5 of 17 which is like 30% we F’in win.

Dude is a gunner….

Last night, I think they got tired late... so Reeves taking 3's seemed to be the play. This is where, you needed DJ, or Edwards driving to the basket, and or get fouled. Or even Reeves driving and a pull up shot.

Maybe Kansas just cranked up the D late, and it wouldn't have mattered. And "if" the guy who scores 1 PPG, hadn't hit back to back 3s (while Reeves missed his 2), we might still have won.

Regardless, Calipari has got to find a way to start winning close games down the stretch. Again would love to see the stats on that.
He hit 3 of 17. That’s not a tired legs or cranking up the defense late situation, that’s just bad.

The 17 attempted 3s is the most taken by a Wildcat in 34 yrs citca 1989 Derrick Miller and its the worst 3 point shooting performance in UK history.

Dude shot us out of the NCAAT v KSt ( 1 of 10) and shot us out of beating #1 last night.

Thats a combined 4 of 27 from 3 in 2 of our last 4 gms.

Reeves needs benching.

Send his ass back to Chicago.

SMFH

The 17 attempted 3s is the most taken by a Wildcat in 34 yrs citca 1989 Derrick Miller and its the worst 3 point shooting performance in UK history.

Dude shot us out of the NCAAT v KSt ( 1 of 10) and shot us out of beating #1 last night.

Thats a combined 4 of 27 from 3 in 2 of our last 4 gms.

Reeves needs benching.

SMFH
Because so many others stepped up last night or against KState? Reeves is the reason we beat Arkansas at Arkansas last year. He is a big reason we beat UT last year. He was a big reason we played Providence as well as we did last year. He has proven his worth. Sometimes shooters miss, but to say he needs benched is about the dumbest thing I have seen on here today and there have been some really dumb comments in the last 16 to 18 hours. If anyone needs to see the bench, it is either Wagner or Edwards.

Reactions: Emarc
Newbie, troll, whatever but the op does have a point. When you're ice cold from the perimeter you try to get to the basket, not just keep jacking threes all game. Reeves is streaky; I'm willing to bet nobody can find a single game where Reeves missed three 3 pointers in a row and then got hot afterward. When he goes cold he'll be cold for the rest of the game and either him or Cal need to recognize that fact.

Newbie, troll, whatever but the op does have a point. When you're ice cold from the perimeter you try to get to the basket, not just keep jacking threes all game. Reeves is streaky; I'm willing to bet nobody can find a single game where Reeves missed three 3 pointers in a row and then got hot afterward. When he goes cold he'll be cold for the rest of the game and either him or Cal need to recognize that fact.
He did go to the basket...He shot quite a few free throws towards the end...

The game I watched last night, at the end it seemed like none of the other guys wanted to shoot the final few minutes, that the players wanted Reeves to do it himself. Had they "attacked" like they did the 2nd Qtr, would not have lost.

Kwilt is trying to show his hand again, y’all. Hope you’re paying attention mods

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT