ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits (opinion)

Jul 29, 2008
I think that Cal caught everyone off guard, including recruits, they are probably going to re-think their commitment to Cal. After reading the news from Dick Gabriel about how Cal approached UK expecting them to counteroffer, I think he might have truly believed that UK was going to bite. That said, when UK didn't, and now his contract is in major trouble, he has to go to Arkansas and I'm not sure recruits were on board to go to Arkansas with him, especially if they weren't informed.

Arkansas does not sound like a fun state to live in.

I think that Cal caught everyone off guard, including recruits, they are probably going to re-think their commitment to Cal. After reading the news from Dick Gabriel about how Cal approached UK expecting them to counteroffer, I think he might have truly believed that UK was going to bite. That said, when UK didn't, and now his contract is in major trouble, he has to go to Arkansas and I'm not sure recruits were on board to go to Arkansas with him, especially if they weren't informed.

Arkansas does not sound like a fun state to live in.
He legit thought Uk would beg him to come back and Mitch would still let him do whatever he wants. He can take those recruits with him, the only ones worth keeping are quantaince and fland

• Love
Reactions: NociHTTP and chroix
Arkansas is not a primetime type of team. Their big games (Gameday, CBS) usually involve playing UK. I don’t think any recruits stick in Lex, but I’ve said all along that they won’t all follow him to Arkansas.

Yep. Barnyard has a mess on his hands .
Well, I don't think he does, to be honest. I think he now holds all the cards. He certainly isn't going to retain Cal for multiple reasons, probably starting with breach of contract, and MB could hire the right coach that might convince recruits to stay (well, the ones left over). UK seems to have more control of this situation than not.

I'm not holding out for the recruits to stay, but I think Cal is going to lose more than he realizes in this scenario.

Well, I don't think he does, to be honest. I think he now holds all the cards. He certainly isn't going to retain Cal for multiple reasons, probably starting with breach of contract, and MB could hire the right coach that might convince recruits to stay (well, the ones left over). UK seems to have more control of this situation than not.

I'm not holding out for the recruits to stay, but I think Cal is going to lose more than he realizes in this scenario.
Barny has a mess on his hands moving forward as he was blindsided.

Why exactly is Arkansas not safe to live in? Never heard that one.

Yep. Mitch came out of this super clean. Dumb take saying otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT