ADVERTISEMENT

Random drive to work thought (NIL/collectives)

tiffincatfan79

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2020
Here's a scenario for you guys. We all know that NIL isn't going away and also that revenue sharing is going to become a thing sooner rather than later. With this in mind, how likely do you think that we see some sort of slotting system coming to NCAA revenue sports for these things. We already see it in all the drafts, I really could see it being a thing coming to college sports. Like, the top ranked player in a class maxes out at $250k in purely NIL/contract from the school, number 2 is like $225k on down the line for the top 25-50 players. Then anyone ranked outside of that, is $50-75k. Then, the bigger money goes to proven players out of the portal and that return to your team for multiple years. Those are the players that command a bigger chunk of that money from the collectives and schools. Both pools of players would still be able to sign endorsements with local and national brands and businesses to boost that income.

I don't know how feasible a system like that is, but it could be a way to curb the out of control spending on freshman players and the pay for play from those kids. They would know exactly what they were getting, no matter where they went. Would put more of an emphasis on the coach and school and not just who is paying me the most.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: jlett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News