ADVERTISEMENT

Rajon Rondo UK athletics Hall of Fame speech.

Is his induction based on his NBA career? Because his accomplishments at UK were actually rather meager …certainly not what you think of as HOF stuff.

Is his induction based on his NBA career? Because his accomplishments at UK were actually rather meager …certainly not what you think of as HOF stuff.
It would have to be his NBA time as well. The college thing alone wouldn't even put him in the discussion. #6 in all-time NBA playoff assists. #14 all-time NBA assists. Two NBA titles. From what I recall, the only former Cat who is in the top 15 of any statistical category in NBA history.

Are you disappointed?
Not at all. I was just curious as to what the criteria is. Is induction into the UK Hall of Fame supposed to be based solely on what the athlete accomplished at UK ..or also what they later did in their pro career?

Because Rondo seems like a classic example of a guy whose induction doesn’t make sense if it’s the former, but absolutely does if it’s the latter.

Weird that they let Rondo in since he message board was shaving points and the FBI was message board on campus.

He thanked Tubby even though he message board hated Tubby.

Even Patrick Sparks showed up to support him even though Rondo message board slept with his girlfriend.

I remember when he was headed to Louisville, Pitino wouldve been a perfect fit for his energy and full court press. Thankfully, Piitno landed Telfair and Rondo dropped UL and signed with UK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT