ADVERTISEMENT

President Carter in Hospice

bbncal02

All-American
Nov 14, 2017
Hopkinsville

Know he wasn't the best President. But he's an awesome human. And this is indeed, sad news.

I still have the utmost respect for the office of President. I have almost no memory of Ronald Reagan as president but I watched his entire weeks work of funeral. I got teary eyed multiple times. Same with Gerald Ford. I actually do remember when George H W bush was President and skipped most of the festivities because I just didn't want to do that to myself.

I still have the utmost respect for the office of President. I have almost no memory of Ronald Reagan as president but I watched his entire weeks work of funeral. I got teary eyed multiple times. Same with Gerald Ford. I actually do remember when George H W bush was President and skipped most of the festivities because I just didn't want to do that to myself.
I wasn’t the biggest Dubya fan especially during term 2. But I hurt for him when his dad died. My mom then died two months later and it’s all I could think about.

I can’t say I was the biggest Carter fan in studying his Presidency. But he loved America and did his best. And he’s been an amazing person helping with HFH and just being a true disciple of Jesus.

I’m going to be sad for sure. But I have no doubts he will be welcomed into the arms of the Father with loud cheers.

When I grow up I want to be like Jimmy.

Need more good people in the world like Carter. Probably the only (former) politician who most would say something to the effect of, "Wasn't the best President, but..." and then go on for five minutes about how great the man is. He's like if Fred Rogers got into the political game.

Reactions: BCD and bbncal02
Politics aside, I do believe Jimmy Carter is a great man and will be a painful loss. Hope he is in peace in his last days.
Yeah this is an American loss. He loved this country and should be honored as some one who served it well, even if it wasn’t effective.

Being President is hard. And sometimes not popular.

From the U.S. Navy

carterbio.jpg

To the Habitat of Humanity

images

A life time of service.

“We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams.”

I don't think he was that bad of president, it was a difficult time crazy high inflation, the gas crisis the Iran hostage crissis what could he have done.
I remember those days very well. It seemed USA could not win for losing back then. Desert One debacle served as a national embarrassment. Huge bright spot, though, came with big-time W by Team USA hockey over the Soviets.

My vote went Ronnie back then, but I'm not gonna criticize and rag on President Carter. He worked his ass off behind the scenes to bring those hostages home.

President Carter's humanitarian efforts are widely viewed as beyond reproach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT