ADVERTISEMENT

Pope can coach, 100%

Oct 20, 2010
I have spent that past couple of nights watching the games... BYU vs Kansas, BYU vs Iowa St. and BYU vs Baylor. Pope can coach, he had a team full of 2 and 3 star players, and beat all three of those teams. I love that he is constantly showing differnt looks on defense, and runs a ton of motion on offense.

I have spent that past couple of nights watching the games... BYU vs Kansas, BYU vs Iowa St. and BYU vs Baylor. Pope can coach, he had a team full of 2 and 3 star players, and beat all three of those teams. I love that he is constantly showing differnt looks on defense, and runs a ton of motion on offense.
Did the same! THE POPE IS READY!

I keep saying and I know @RaginRondo does too. This is a Brad Stevens situation in the making. BYU is harder to win at than Butler, and he was doing things there even after getting a late start in coaching. It doesn’t even have to be a Brad Stevens situation, it can be just in that realm and he’s golden.

Both are highly intelligent guys, much more so than their counterparts. Can anyone see Calipari being accepted into Columbia medical school?

I think we’re going far by year 2. I don’t think he’s going to be slower out of the gate as people think.

I still don’t think people grasp how hard it would be to recruit players to BYU. He was literally having to find diamonds and not just diamonds, diamonds that gave up coffee, sex, and freedom at EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD.

And the guy was beating Kansas and going to tournaments. It’s not one arm right behind your back, it’s two. I can’t imagine the reality check Pope is going to have when he can sell Kentucky and his crazy awesome offense and doesn’t have to have sex talks with recruits then convince them to go door to door with Mormon pamphlets for 2 years. lol.

Watch out yall this guy is ready to explode.

I keep saying and I know @RaginRondo does too. This is a Brad Stevens situation in the making. BYU is harder to win at than Butler, and he was doing things there even after getting a late start in coaching. It doesn’t even have to be a Brad Stevens situation, it can be just in that realm and he’s golden.

Both are highly intelligent guys, much more so than their counterparts. Can anyone see Calipari being accepted into Columbia medical school?

I think we’re going far by year 2. I don’t think he’s going to be slower out of the gate as people think.

I still don’t think people grasp how hard it would be to recruit players to BYU. He was literally having to find diamonds and not just diamonds, diamonds that gave up coffee, sex, and freedom at EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD.

And the guy was beating Kansas and going to tournaments. It’s not one arm right behind your back, it’s two. I can’t imagine the reality check Pope is going to have when he can sell Kentucky and his crazy awesome offense and doesn’t have to have sex talks with recruits then convince them to go door to door with Mormon pamphlets for 2 years. lol.

Watch out yall this guy is ready to explode.
I sure hope you are right.

I haven't went through their schedule and their big wins have been told by everyone and they are impressive. But, did they have any bad losses like we had with UNCW?

I haven't went through their schedule and their big wins have been told by everyone and they are impressive. But, did they have any bad losses like we had with UNCW?
No, worst loss of season was Duquense in the NCAAT

Reactions: 59coop
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT