ADVERTISEMENT

Cats contact TT transfer Pop Isaacs

Other Targets in the Portal​

In addition to Pop Isaacs, Kentucky is pursuing several other targets in the transfer portal. KSR+ is keeping a full list of targets over on KSBoard. The list currently contains:

• Koby Brea – Dayton – 11.1 PPG, 3.8 RPG, 1.2 APG, 51.2% FG, 49.8% 3PT
  • Otega Oweh – Oklahoma – 11.4 PPG, 3.8 RPB, 1.0 APG, 49.3% FG, 37.7% 3PT
  • Andrej Stojakovic – Stanford – 7.8 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 0.9 APG, 40.9% FG, 32.7% 3PT
  • Amari Williams – Drexel – 12.2 PPG, 7.8 RPG, 1.9 APG, 51.7% FG, 33.3% 3PT
  • Aly Khalifa – BYU – 5.7 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 4.0 APG, 38.6% FG, 31.5% 3PT
  • Javon Small – OK State. – 15.1 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 4.1 APG, 44.1% FG, 37.4% 3PT
  • Jeremy Roach – Duke – 14.0 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 3.3 APG, 46.8% FG, 42.9% 3PT
  • Cade Tyson – Belmont – 16.2 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 1.6 APG, 49.3% FG, 46.5% 3PT
  • Great Osobor – Utah State – 17.7 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 2.8 APG, 57.7% FG, 21.4% 3PT
  • David Coit – Northern Illinois – 20.8 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 3.4 APG, 40.7% FG, 33.7% 3PT
  • Brendan Hausen – Villanova – 6.2 PPG, 1.6 RPG, 0.5 APG, 39.2% FG, 38.1% 3PT
  • Baba Miller – Florida State – 7.6 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 1.4 APG, 44.9% FG, 29.3% 3PT
  • Andrew Carr – Wake Forest – 13.5 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 1.5 APG, 52.6% FG, 37.1% 3PT
  • Aidan Mahaney – St. Mary’s – 13.9 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 2.6 APG, 38.6% FG, 35.5% 3PT

I'm glad we've contacted a bunch of dudes, I'm ready to see some more commit, lol.

I would think Pope doesnt want to just accept commitments. I would imagine he wants to interview a lot of them and make a selection of the ones that best fit after a thorough vetting process.

Everyone says he is methodical, not reactive in the way he operates.

I personally would pass on this guy unless you can get him for the practice squad/role player. He has a lot of intangibles, but he's not very productive at all. His Offense rating is under a 100 and his True Shooting percentage is under 50. Good defender for a 6'2 guard though. I think he might have played HS ball in Utah though? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Said it in the other thread. You don't want this guy due to things that have 0 to do with basketball. This would be a really bad look for the program in a variety of ways if things got serious with this guy. Bot him individually and the "Camp" are STAY THE **** AWAY for many coaches/programs and with more than good reason.

Kentucky gets involved here-they are either getting desperate or are really head in the sand clueless.

Said it in the other thread. You don't want this guy due to things that have 0 to do with basketball. This would be a really bad look for the program in a variety of ways if things got serious with this guy. Bot him individually and the "Camp" are STAY THE **** AWAY for many coaches/programs and with more than good reason.

Kentucky gets involved here-they are either getting desperate or are really head in the sand clueless.
I’m starting to get a little nervous.

with the portal not closing till may 1st how do we decide on who we need to get and who we need to wait on? I think we are just reaching out to everyone. I wouldn't be getting nervous because as a coach you need to figure out what a player is about before you decide to pass on them.

I would think Pope doesnt want to just accept commitments. I would imagine he wants to interview a lot of them and make a selection of the ones that best fit after a thorough vetting process.

Everyone says he is methodical, not reactive in the way he operates.
I should hope so.

It shouldn't have been too hard to evaluate Isaacs. He was accused of sexually assaulting a seventeen year old girl when Texas Tech was playing in the Battle for Atlantis in The Bahamas.

With the above mentioned red flags and contact made with so many suitable transfers already, I’m not sure why there would be any reaching out whatsoever for this guy. We aren’t quite to that level of desperation, surely.

Reactions: BassProCat
What other potential problems with him?
If I'm telling you that you'd want to stay away from someone who has a sexual assault of a minor charge against him because things are far worse--use your imagination. It's not just him either-it's the BS you'd bring in with him and that's 100% speaking of his father for one. Sunset Rick....oh boy.

This makes zero sense. If we are looking for the right guys, then why offer this misfit?

Unbelievable

I sure hope we weren’t spoonfed nostalgia and we are now becoming Indiana South. Passionate, but going after, and getting the wrong players.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT