ADVERTISEMENT

Please, Please Send A Well Thought Out Email To AD Mitch Barnhart Concerning State Of Program-Email is Mbarn@uky.edu

shadowman4

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2002
If you feel as strongly as I do a change in our head BBall coach is warranted then I would request you send him an email, as to why a much needed change is necessary.
The idea that it would cost UK 45 million is not exactly correct. Yes, initially it would, However, Cal would have another high paying multi year contract very quickly paying him 30-40 million. UK would only be only the hook for what it cost UK to terminate Cal’s contract, as the new school who hires him would be one the hook for say 30-35 million, if that’s what Cal makes at his new gig. That’s the way contract terminations work.
If Barnhart feels enough heat from BBN, then perhaps he will do what is best for UK BBall’s long term future. Cal has got to go.

It'll never make it to Barnhart and it'll never change anything (no matter what anyone does, Cal will be here next year, just accept it).

Reactions: jauk11
I do not think it is initial hit but a yearly hit unless they negotiate it down into a lump sum. If he was hired by another school that would offset the yearly payment by the salary of his new contract.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT