ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino and St Johns go down 89-73 to Michigan at MSG

Im rooting for Pitino and the Johnnies. Not a lot of good basketball in NY, and it's even weaker now that Jim B is gone at Syracuse (not that they were really anything great in recent years..)

Almost went to St. Johns for college actually.
It's all in good fun my friend

Oh for sure. And I completely understand the disdain for Pitino. I think it's fully warranted.

I just think he's a fantastic coach. Is he a good person? Debatable lol. But I don't really care much about that. If you ask me, Coach K, Roy Williams and Bill Self are just as problematic.
Most of the top coaches like you mention are ego maniacs. Some worse than others

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

I watched the first half. Give Pitino a year, and we will see. I think Pilgrim said tonight on YT, that St Johns is in a strong position with VJ Edcombe.

And watching Rick on the sideline, it always makes me wonder.. if he had stayed at UK (and stayed out of trouble), he would have 35 years here, and probably be the winningest coach of all time, and several NC trophies.. A lot of what ifs and regrets all around.

I watched the first half. Give Pitino a year, and we will see. I think Pilgrim said tonight on YT, that St Johns is in a strong position with VJ Edcombe.

And watching Rick on the sideline, it always makes me wonder.. if he had stayed at UK (and stayed out of trouble), he would have 35 years here, and probably be the winningest coach of all time, and several NC trophies.. A lot of what ifs and regrets all around.
He left on his own. The 'ol iffin game don't matter anymore

Oh for sure. And I completely understand the disdain for Pitino. I think it's fully warranted.

I just think he's a fantastic coach. Is he a good person? Debatable lol. But I don't really care much about that. If you ask me, Coach K, Roy Williams and Bill Self are just as problematic.

Bill Self, maybe. But Rick Pitino smurfed a woman at a table in a restaurant and bought underage hookers for underage basketball players. Neither K nor Williams got anywhere close to that.

It's not debatable. He's an awful person.

Im rooting for Pitino and the Johnnies. Not a lot of good basketball in NY, and it's even weaker now that Jim B is gone at Syracuse (not that they were really anything great in recent years..)

Did Jim B retire finally? I thought dude would pick his nose to death on the sideline.

No doubt but he made a dumb decision and then another when he went to UofL.

Went there for 5 years lol. I hope they do well too.

Gonna have a Deion sanders year, but thankfully without the hot start for media to slobber over.

Pitino got some solid transfers to come in and he targeted guys with multiple years left so he should be able to bring most of the team back next year. I think that's the year he's really targeting to be competitive.

Same here. I live just outside NYC and it would be nice to see good basketball in the city again. The Knicks and Johnnies have sucked forever.

And I've always personally rooted for Pitino's teams to be good unless they're playing UK. The game is better and more fun when characters and "villians" like that are successful.

Maybe. We all thought Cal's 2010-2015 run would last for longer than it did. No guarantee Pitino would have kept the train rolling at UK.

Let’s not forget, this man doesn’t NEED a lot of talent to win games, he won with one dude and the mountain boys
Yes, and just look at his record against Cal, but Cal can't coach he just watches his very young player play street ball to beat Pitino.

Whenever Pitino comes up on this board the vilest creatures come out from under the rocks. Probably UL fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT