ADVERTISEMENT

PFF grades week 2

It doesn't surprise me that both JuTahn and Keaton Wade were low on their respective totem poles (as my other thread would suggest). I believe that Wade has a huge upside, just needs to find his niche. I absolutely believe that DSK or Jefferson should be RB2 ahead of JM. Don't see that he gives us much and I know the kid is trying but it's just not there for him. Maybe Wilcox should/will get some snaps in SEC action and we'll see what we have there.

I, too, thought Ford played very solidly. Supposedly, he's better at pass pro than run blocking but we had effective rushes to the right side on Saturday. Thought he was fine.

Seemed like we had a few more good running plays to the left on Saturday but the right side had some, also, so it didn't seem like we were totally one-sided. Ray has been a surprise as easily as it appears he stepped into the LG slot (when he was more of an OT at WVU) and played very solidly.

No Stoops clarified yesterday Flax was unavailable and didn't play at all vs EKU

Game 1 offense 51 snaps
Game 2 61
Hoping the improvement continues & we get at least 70 O snaps vs Akron
Then, he said, “He better not have played.” It was a weird interchange, IMO.

No Stoops clarified yesterday Flax was unavailable and didn't play at all vs EKU

Game 1 offense 51 snaps
Game 2 61
Hoping the improvement continues & we get at least 70 O snaps vs Akron
Steps for offensive success:
1) Break huddle with 15 seconds on the play clock
2) Check with the sideline for another seven seconds
3) Spend six seconds relaying adjustments to everyone
4) Furiously clap hands for the ball for one second
5) Ball is hiked with milliseconds to spare – sail a long ball deep into section 37.
6) Repeat

I'd like to see 70 plays. That'd sure be swell. Defense needs to help the O out, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT