ADVERTISEMENT

Penny Hardaway's only signee backs out

shocker-shocked.gif

If Penny was winning, some on this board would be singing his praises and offering to swap.

But character matters.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
They're gonna be atrocious next year. It's a shame that we had to lose some close recruiting battles with them, but thankfully, it seems this experiment is finally over. Memphis is gonna be so bad next year, that even bag money won't get recruits to go there.

It’s a shame guys like Wiseman and Duren were not wise enough to go to a place that would actually develop them. But their choice.
In the words of the late great colonel Sanders: “**** em”

Especially Duren, that guy watched Wiseman’s college career get ruined by Penny and his dumbass took the bribe to go play for that conman.

And if I were an NBA team I wouldn’t currently be interested in drafting Duren were his stock has traditionally been. Guys gone from looking like a sure thing in high school to looking like a project in college.

Bates has gone from preordained #1 pick to not even knowing what he’ll be doing next season? OTE? Yeah that’ll help repair his image.

Honestly guys got a job on the spot in my brick layers Union if he ever needs it. Kids a natural.

Reactions: gharding07
Cussed the media, probably cussed his recruits too..
Yeah, he lost what was left of any respect I had for him with that little outburst. The "how dare you question me!" approach doesn't work for a guy with as little experience as Penny has. It might work for a guy who has built a dynasty and then has one bad season. Otherwise, he just comes off as an egotistical jerk. That doesn't work in recruiting, either. According to this player, Penny barely paid any attention to him.

Penny's problem is himself. He lacks the coaching ability to get these players to perform to the best of their ability. Memphis hired him based on his relationship with that one group of recruits. He's in over his head.

Reactions: BBUK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT