ADVERTISEMENT

Our old friend Justin Powell (Auburn, UT, WSU) declares

That excuse no longer works when you’re in your 20s. He’s an adult and should be making his own decisions.
I mean if parents allowed and encouraged him to transfer every year in high school it sounds like they didn’t raise him with any sense of discipline or loyalty. And while I agree he is certainly a man capable of making his own decisions now, it’s hard to expect a 20 year old to go against the way he was raised so soon.

Kids these days aren’t raised with the firm hands that raised earlier generations. There are certainly positive aspects to that, but we are seeing the consequences of the way society is raising its next generation. It’s not just basketball players.

When he's not drafted, will he stay at Washington State or will he transfer to his fourth school in four years?
He’d have to sit out a year after already getting a couple freebie transfers.

I doubt someone as restless as him would be capable of doing that. Another transfer would be his 8th different school in 8 years (counting HS) …and he’d probably be looking for his 9th before his sit out period is done.

When he's not drafted, will he stay at Washington State or will he transfer to his fourth school in four years?
He will stay unless he can get a better NIL deal somewhere else closer to home so he can get immediate approval to play due to depression and anxiety being so far from home.

• Sad
Reactions: westerncat
That kid has a serious screw loose. He changed high schools every single year, changed colleges every single year …and now this lunacy.

Dude is utterly incapable of staying anywhere for more than one season.
It’s a Dad issue trust me - not the kid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT