ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Trivia fact about Ohio St QBs in the NFL

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Heard this fact on the radio, assumed it's true. Currently, C J Stroud has 6 TD passes. That's tied for the most ever an OSU QB has thrown in an NFL season.

As good as that program has been for decades and, to my recollection, they've always played a pro-style offense, it's mind blowing their QBs haven't done any better than that.

Mike Tomczak has to have had some decent seasons with more than 6 TD’s. But yes, overall, they have produced very little in terms of QB’s.

Just looked. Tomczak’s career high was 16 in a season.

Kent Graham had 12 TD’s in the mid 90’s.

I thought that sounded ridiculously low but too lazy to look it up. However, their QBs have certainly not translated well into the NFL. Fields with the Bears is most probably going to be drafted over and will be a backup for the remainder of his career. Good athlete, not a great NFL QB, evidently.

Not sure who was giving this stat but its hilariously wrong.

Stroud has 17 TDs THIS SEASON

Fields has had over 6 in all three of his seasons with the Bears.

Either you heard the stat wrong or this guy on the radio is a complete idiot.

Reactions: UK_fanatic
Not sure who was giving this stat but its hilariously wrong.

Stroud has 17 TDs THIS SEASON

Fields has had over 6 in all three of his seasons with the Bears.

Either you heard the stat wrong or this guy on the radio is a complete idiot.
Doesn't matter. Fields is a terrible NFL QB.

You know, maybe I misheard the stat (or the announcer stated it wrong) and the actual number is 16, not 6. Considering Stroud has 8 more games to play, that seems more reasonable. 16 TD passes in a full season isn't very good for all past OSU QBs, but certainly much more believable than only 6.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT