ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Top Ten REGULAR SEASON Wins of Calipari Era

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
I was thinking about this on my lunch hour. It is somewhat off the top of my head, but lots of exciting victories in recent years. I'm sure I forgot something.

10. Tip Off Classic win over Duke in November, 2015. First good look at Jamal Murray in a Kentucky uniform.

9. Beating Louisville in the Yum Center, December, 2010. First time I had hope the Knight led team might be for real. Josh Harrelson opened eyes that day.

8. Tyrese Maxey hits dagger versus #1 Michigan State, November, 2019. That team deserved a chance to chase a legacy in March.

7. Win over #1 Tennessee at Rupp, January 2019. Blowing out #1 was sweet, and that it was the Orange idiots of Knoxville was sweeter.

6. Beating UNC Cheats in Rupp, December 2009. This was the moment that John Wall introduced himself to the world, and we all knew for sure Kentucky was back.

5. Wiping out Kansas in Tip Off Classic, November 2014. Just loved how totally demoralized they were.

4. Obliterating UCLA in the CBS Classic, December 2014. A beat down for the ages: 41-7 at the half. LOL.

3. Beating UNC Cheats at Rupp, 2011. First signature moment for Anthony Davis in a preseason #1 versus. #2 match-up.

2. Destroying Kansas at Phog Allen, January 2022. Great moment for Kentucky to assert itself again as the GOAT.

1. CBS Classic win over UNC-Cheats, December 2016. There just hasn't been a better game in years, and maybe not a better individual performance than Monk's ever in Kentucky history.

What would you add?

Last edited:
Great list. Ones that stick out to me but I wouldn’t put them in the top ten:

2012 vs UNLV: when I realized that team was special, just dunk after dunk after dunk capped off my a Miller cock-back alley oop

2011 at Tennessee: when Knight and the team just seemed to click

2016 at USC when Cal was ejected

2018 @ WVU for Gameday

2020 @ Texas Tech

I was thinking about this on my lunch hour. It is somewhat off the top of my head, but lots of exciting victories in recent years. I'm sure I forgot something.

10. Tip Off Classic win over Duke in November, 2015. First good look at Jamal Murray.

9. Beating Louisville in the Yum Center, December, 2010. First time I had hope the Knight led team might be for real. Josh Harrelson opened eyes that day.

8. Tyrese Maxey hits dagger versus #1 Michigan State, November, 2019.

7. Win over #1 Tennessee at Rupp, January 2019. Blowing out #1 was sweet, and that it was the Orange idiots of Knoxville was sweeter.

6. Beating UNC Cheats in Rupp, December 2009. This was the moment that John Wall introduced himself to the world, and we all knew for sure Kentucky was back.

5. Wiping out Kansas in Tip Off Classic, November 2014. Just loved how totally demoralized they were.

4. Obliterating UCLA in the CBS Classic, December 2014. A beat down for the ages: 41-7 at the half. LOL.

3. Beating UNC Cheats at Rupp, 2011. First signature moment for Anthony Davis in #1 vs. #2 match-up.

2. Destroying Kansas at Phog Allen, January 2022. Great moment for Kentucky to assert itself again at the GOAT.

1. CBS Classic win over UNC-Cheats, December 2016. There just hasn't been a better game in years, and maybe not a better individual performance than Monk's ever in Kentucky history.

What would you add?
That beat down of UCLA was a thing of absolute beauty. With ol Ball running his mouth off. And then we kicked his teeth in. Just awesome.

2010 UK beating UofL at home to start the "unbalanced" rivalry. Cousins hitting Swop with an elbow, Bledsoe arguing with Delk's nephew, the rivalry hasn't been the same since Cal got here. Only our three worst teams have even lost to the Cardinals, all by only 3 points in each of those losses.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
Great list. Ones that stick out to me but I wouldn’t put them in the top ten:

2012 vs UNLV: when I realized that team was special, just dunk after dunk after dunk capped off my a Miller cock-back alley oop

2011 at Tennessee: when Knight and the team just seemed to click

2016 at USC when Cal was ejected

2018 @ WVU for Gameday

2020 @ Texas Tech
Very nice. All just outside the top ten, as was the UNC-Cheats game cited by YouKay.

Reactions: YouKay

What would you add?
The list is great but the Jodie Meeks UT game just absolutely demoralized the entire UT team and for me is the best individual performance. At one point Wayne Chism was sitting on the bench looking like he was about to cry. 🤣

Loved UKs OT win against UL in the 2019-20 season. I remember UL fans talking a big game the entire week leading up to the game. They were absolutely convinced Mack was the man to beat UK. Nick Richards made some huge plays down the stretch, and Maxey and Quickley both had solid games.

Pretty sure we were coming off losses to Ohio St and Utah. Felt like this win was a turning point in season...wish they could have finished it out in tourney.

Loved UKs OT win against UL in the 2019-20 season. I remember UL fans talking a big game the entire week leading up to the game. They were absolutely convinced Mack was the man to beat UK. Nick Richards made some huge plays down the stretch, and Maxey and Quickley both had solid games.

Pretty sure we were coming off losses to Ohio St and Utah. Felt like this win was a turning point in season...wish they could have finished it out in tourney.
Yep. UofL wasn’t great but they were solid. And we’d come off two bland losses. That one to Utah was infuriating.

Good win and turned that season around. That team went 15-3 in conference play in a solid SEC.

10. Tip Off Classic win over Duke in November, 2015. First good look at Jamal Murray.

8. Tyrese Maxey hits dagger versus #1 Michigan State, November, 2019. That team deserved a chance to chase a legacy in March.

3. Beating UNC Cheats at Rupp, 2011. First signature moment for Anthony Davis in a preseason #1 versus. #2 match-up.

2. Destroying Kansas at Phog Allen, January 2022. Great moment for Kentucky to assert itself again at the GOAT.

What would you add?

Heck of a list. Imagine the highlight reel you could make just from that list.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
I personally valued the AD UNC win more than the Monk win. Don't get me wrong...both were instant classics. AD game was at the beginning of Cal's tenure so it was more of a statement to me. They weren't far removed from their 2009 title. It just felt like a real national statement. Especially the block.

10. Tip Off Classic win over Duke in November, 2015. First good look at Jamal Murray in a Kentucky uniform.

2. Destroying Kansas at Phog Allen, January 2022. Great moment for Kentucky to assert itself again as the GOAT.

What would you add?

Nice list.

Possibly add a Top 10 WVU team on the road in '17-'18...the Knox game.

Or the two thumpings we gave Florida in 2012...think they were Top 10 at least once and both were close to twenty point wins.

You have a great list though and hard to argue any of them...I just favor road wins against high end opponents because it is super difficult.

That Demarcus Cousins last second tip-in to send it to OT vs. Miss St. was the SEC tourney, wasn't it?
Man, I love Demarcus. Always got a bad rap from national press, but BBN knows the truth.
cousinsx-large.jpg

Last edited:
as far as what we got out of it (respect, polling etc) i haven’t seen one better than this ku win. it flipped everything.

Reactions: Creed Bratton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT