ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Smoke and Tisdale

Looking at that, it sure is easy to think they both made a mistake in transferring. Smoke surely would've seen at least a few touches this year. Vito, if he'd kept out of trouble, would have been on the field as a nickel corner at least a few snaps every week, also, I have to believe.

Yeah, Smoke transferring was and is still a head scratcher. He would have seen some action here.

Had he gone MAC, Sun Belt, or A10 where he could get some real run, okay great I get it...but I mean to go to Colorado when Prime is telling kids "ya'll can't play here...pack your shit and get out" and "I'm bringing my Gucci..."

You aren't seeing the field with the squad that guy put together.

Reactions: mattrudd
Not sure I agree. Smoke would of been 3rd or 4th string and no way Tisdale would be playing over Afari at Nickel

Reactions: rudd1
By the end of 2022 Smoke wasn't better than 4th string here, hence why he left

Think Vito been injured but he definitely would’ve played this year. As far as smoke i never thought McLain was better than him but we’ll see about Ramon and Demi

addition by subtraction. I wish them well, but they needed a fresh start- which I hope works well for them. I think we waste to much time talking about former players. KSR often writes stories about them in their new university- As I said, I wish them well, but I also don't care. They chose to leave or got asked to leave in Vito's case, I tend to worry about those who are here helping. Just saying- the woulda, shoulda, coulda situations are irrelevant to me

Based on first two games, Colorado would smoke us
Eh....maybe....maybe not.

You think Shadeur Sanders would be able to sit in pocket for 6 seconds and scramble freely vs. UK D?

In the end, what UGA did to TCU in title game should jog all of our memories a bit that SEC is a whole different world than BIG 12. And TCU lost a good bit off last year's team.

So I'd argue TCU win will not look so hot by end of year. I'd argue the USC, Utah, Oregon, UCLA will be more indicative of who Colorado is vs. TCU...and Nebraska....that was a joke. That Nebraska QB was as bad as I can remember. Dropped snaps, called for shotgun snaps while a dude was in motion behind the Center, terrible Ints, etc...

I think Sanders is a very good job and proving he can assemble a staff, etc... but it's s long season. I want to see it play out.

Last edited:
Smoke has modest talent, really not SEC level but I do recall a block he threw that absolutely decleated a UF DB on a sweep, could have been a run by Bowden. One of my favorite all time blocks. I've searched for a clip but haven't found it, would like to see it again.

Reactions: 3Bluefever325
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT