ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Musselman: I like to tweet

BlissfulTeemingHagfish-size_restricted.gif

He’s a tweeter…..😂

He also acts like an 8th grade kid. He’s on fire to win right now. By the time we would even consider him, he will be cooling off. It’s the cycle.

He’s a tweeter…..😂

He also acts like an 8th grade kid. He’s on fire to win right now. By the time we would even consider him, he will be cooling off. It’s the cycle.
I have to agree with this ^. Triple C is beyond awful and his good days are long gone. But Musselman is a pint sized jerk. His shirt removal antics and comments are way below UK standards. And, per the comment above, he’ll be on a major decline in performance the day we’d get him as our coach. Triple C has put us in a terrible spot.

We have a coach with a national championship title. Eric Musselman hasn't won a natty.
We finished last season with a conference record of 14 - 4. Eric Musselman finished at 13 - 5.
We finished last season with 8 losses. Eric Musselman finished with 9.

Replace Coach Calipari with Musselman? Why would we want to take a step down?

We have a coach with a national championship title. Eric Musselman hasn't won a natty.
We finished last season with a conference record of 14 - 4. Eric Musselman finished at 13 - 5.

As I stated earlier, I don’t want this guy so I see your point. But he does know how to coach today’s style of bball, he’s passionate (too passionate), he wins with WAY LESS talent, less attractive program, etc. Triple C doesn’t care anymore, disrespects the BBN with his arrogance, etc. Musselman isn’t MY choice but Triple C is killing this program.

Well none of our coaches had previously won a natty. Most of them, except Gillespie and Tubby, had coached to a final four.

Sutton - Arkansas in 1978
Pitino - Providence in 1987
Calipari - UMass in 1996, Memphis in 2008

*Hall was assistant coach in 1966.

Last edited:
I think Musselmans best years are in front of them. They are absolutely loaded next year and is getting the best player in Smith jr. He has to be our next coach, and I think he will.

Musselman appears to be a really good coach and recruiter. But damn, he acts like a fool when they win a big game. He took his damn shirt off for goodness sales. Embarrassing.

How did each do in the tourney last year....seemed you left that out....hmmmm

Is there a better realistic option? Brad Stevens would be an idiot to leave his job. Jay Wright retired. Mark Few not a good fit either direction. Only other option I see is Scott Drew. Any others?

Imagine if this was always the thought process: We only hire coaches that have won a National title. 😂😂😂😂

Made it farther than we did and are looking to win the SEC. Very strong off-season.
so did a few coaches
you still wanting Oats
how about Beard
or you can just wait for the new flavor of the month

remember that time we hired the new flavor of the month
that really worked out

my best advice is to wait until a coach has 4-6 years of E8 or better then start giving him real consideration

Taking his shirt off was a bit much but I can appreciate some exuberance from a coach.

His Twitter engagement is probably high because I'm guessing his tweets aren't some canned boredom originating from a PR/communication person.

How many coaches at UK won a natty before they went to UK? I’ll await your answer

I’ve followed his career pretty closely. I watched a lot of his teams at Nevada. His recent “success“ is being heralded a little too much in my opinion.

If he were here, I’m not sure those seasons would be considered so successful. 0 final fours in 7 years as a college head coach. Just like Cal the past 7 years (barely cut off the 2015 season). So at this point I am not sold on him being an upgrade whatsoever, the stats and play style (one on one ball) do not show it to me

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT