ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar goes for 33 and 23…

J-Ryan

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 18, 2020
in his first G league game…

Putting up numbers. He'll get get a shot one day. I hope he cashes it in.

You gotta love the work.
“One day” needs to come fairly soon, as the window is short for a 24-year-old rookie with one dimensional skills.

He's such an odd prospect to assess. He has SO many glaring holes in his game ...not a good defender, ballhandler, passer, rim protector or shooter ...that made it easy for scouts to disregard him. But he does have one skill at which he’s about the best in the entire friggin world. And he always puts up incredible numbers.

I think the eye-popping stats will be enough to earn him a call up from the Pacers at some point this season. But I doubt he has the goods needed to stick for the long term.

So glad the experts on here decided we needed to move on from this guy. No way we could use that production this year or anything……….

It was either move on from oscar or move on from Cal. Oscar is a terrific college player that a lot of coaches could build around and win big with. He’s not a Cal type of player though. Cal needs a rim protector at center more than anything and a guy that can switch on d and not get destroyed.

It was either move on from oscar or move on from Cal. Oscar is a terrific college player that a lot of coaches could build around and win big with. He’s not a Cal type of player though. Cal needs a rim protector at center more than anything and a guy that can switch on d and not get destroyed.

And we have none of that this season because of injured guys that take forever to heal unlike any other program.

And if we could have had the choice to get rid of cal and keep Oscar one more year wish that had been a valid option. Bye cal.

And we have none of that this season because of injured guys that take forever to heal unlike any other program.

And if we could have had the choice to get rid of cal and keep Oscar one more year wish that had been a valid option. Bye cal.

I’m with you. I’ve been ready to move on from Cal for over 3 years now. But it’s not happening.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Rooting for the guy but he's literally Andre Drummond with less post moves. Follow the career of Drummond it's fascinating. He went from an allstar to a guy who only gets 18-20 min ppg and he's the same dude.

The league just doesn't like one trick ponies who can only rebound.

Reactions: UK90
Rooting for the guy but he's literally Andre Drummond with less post moves. Follow the career of Drummond it's fascinating. He went from an allstar to a guy who only gets 18-20 min ppg and he's the same dude.

The league just doesn't like one trick ponies who can only rebound.

I think "poor man's Andre Drummond" is a pretty good way of describing Oscar's situation. He's a couple inches shorter than Drummond and a worse defender ...but he plays the same style and puts up crazy rebounding numbers in the same way Drummond was once so known for.

Oscar's problem is that his limited skill set only fits one position in today's NBA: the center spot. And 6'8" centers who can't block shots or defend the post well ain't on any NBA team's wish list.

This guy made so many double-doubles in college....It makes me cringe to see him just in the g league. He's one of a kind when you need rebounds. His hands are a little rough when shooting a jumper but I overlook that when you see how determined he is to grab a rebound.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT