ADVERTISEMENT

Odds on the first coach that gets fired

I say that is about right. I am surprised Pittman made it to now, but with backstabber Bobby on staff I think he is mid-season fired. With UF and Miami playing week 1, I think they are playing for head coach's job. Billy has 2 losing seasons already, almost all UF fans expecting 8 wins and may are expecting 10 and playoffs, if he loses to Miami all that is out the window and they are calling for change. I dot really know what the U is expecting, but no more embarrassing I i like team one with GT. I think some others on the list gets fired, but at the season

I think Pittman is first to be fired. I don't understand it but Arkansas loves Petrino.

Chuck Lea makes it too the end of season BUT is fired because Vandy is Vandy.

Cristobal has 8yrs/$62mm left on his contract. That would be a fool's bet. They do not have money like most football schools and their only big donor is under federal investigation for securities violations. Pittman's seat is warm, but they love him, so I wouldn't expect them to pull the plug early. Vandy won't either. I'd argue Napier is a value pick at 4/1. If they lose to Miami in game 1, they will fall apart and he'll be fired after UT or UK beats them and I'll be in Gainesville for that game.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Cant believe Napier made it. He is a bad loss away from fired imo. If uk wins that game again, id say its over for him.

Don't know if you can read their site or not, but the are counting UK as a win already. I read that and scratch my head and think UK has physically beat UF's brains in 5 of last 6 years and on a 2 game streak, how is that an automatic win? But they have some insiders constantly reporting how great they are looking and 10 wins is a sure thing. BUT Billy loses all support if they lose the opener to Miami, they are expecting to win that one by 20.

Miami, from the things I've read, is supposed to be pretty good. Cristobal is a good coach, imo, so UF is not a sure thing winner in that game. Most predictions for the Gators is around 5 wins. Haven't seen a single one that think they have anything other than a huge longshot chance at the playoffs.

Unless Cristobal has a loosing record, he isn't getting fired. With the buyout, as mentioned above, they probably still wouldn't fire him. The U is on track to sign the best class they have had in 2 decades.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT