ADVERTISEMENT

Now that Cal is gone...

Another cal thread
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I think it’s much more Kentucky than it is Cal that refs enjoy screwing. But it can’t hurt having Pope instead. Much more likable
I don't know, Calipari was a total asshole to refs. It got worse and worse towards the end.

Coach K and Dan Hurley are on a totally different level of ref treatment.. if those two can get away with it, then it's something else. I think the sport itself (NCAA, Refs, Media etc) just don't like Cal, nor do they like Kentucky, nor did they like 1AD.. and it was easy for them to take us down a peg. Rupp arena also offers no ref edge either, they are never pressured to make a home call.

There's a lot that goes into this.. But it was in no way Cal's treatment towards the refs (at least not solely).. not when you watch how a guy like Coach K goes off on them.

I think Pope will be much more likeable than the last guy. I might do some statistical analysis in a couple years when Cal has enough of an Arky sample size. Would be cool to see if fouls called are significantly different between the two SEC schools.
That would be cool to see.

Reactions: JPFisher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT