Non-UK related: The OVC is toast...Belmont to the MVC

HoptownCat93

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2015

-Jacksonville State & EKU went to the A-Sun already
-Austin Peay is leaving after this season
-Belmont is now to the MVC
-I'm betting Murray State is next, they just have to figure out football since the MVC Football isn't the same as the MVC basketball.

Leaving...Morehead, SEMO, UT-Martin, Tenn State, Tenn Tech, SIU-Edwardsville, Eastern Illinois remaining and I'm betting they're all scrambling for a home. Some of these might have tough decisions to make as there aren't clear pathways. Will some have to drop down a level...considering there will be increased travel costs with a new conference and the pandemic has cut so many programs from athletics.

Sad day...the OVC was the home of Louisville, Evansville, ETSU, WKU, MTSU, Evansville, Akron, Samford, & Youngstown State during it's long history. My Racers will have to create a new tradition in the MVC. The Murray/APSU rivalry is now dead....just like the Murray/WKU rivalry of the old days. Morehead is without a home now. EKU is now away from all their traditional rivals.

We see the expansion of the big boys and it gets the headlines...but these small conferences we all love get the shaft in the long run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News