ADVERTISEMENT

Next week for KB?

Reports read like he’s gonna try and go to Kentucky before Tennessee this weekend.

Which of the schools on his list can give him a real chance at the NC?
I think UK fans attach a lot more importance to that than many of the players do. It’s more about making it to the NBA, especially the guys who come to UK. He’s probably more interested in PT, and a coach who can help him make it at the next level. In that sense UK would be a good pick.

I think UK fans attach a lot more importance to that than many of the players do. It’s more about making it to the NBA, especially the guys who come to UK. He’s probably more interested in PT, and a coach who can help him make it at the next level. In that sense UK would be a good pick.

Very true! But, also nice to have a lot of fun and memories of going after a national title while working to get to the NBA so it may have some added importance to what you say. Either way, UK offers all that stuff and I hope KB sees that.

UK for sure.

UF maybe, but UF's coach has not made it to the FF yet. Hard to trust a coach who has yet to make a FF to get you there, let alone win the title.

UT is in rebuild mode after losing four starters.

Arkansas has a brand new coach. They'll be lucky to make the tourney, let alone the FF.

If those are the four he is considering, then UK has a huge edge.

Coach Cal has a proven track record getting guys to the NBA.

Preseason #2 without him.

Cal has six Final Fours, including two Runner-ups, and a Championship.

From a business and winning perspective, UK is by far the best option.

Second question, where does that rank on his list of priorities? For some kids, winning is the most important thing. For others, it’s equally important to things like personal development and “where can I go to best ensure the highest possible draft spot”. Still others don’t really care about winning.

I mean, we are soooo lucky that the list of schools we are competing with for Kerry are Florida, Arkansas, Gonzaga and Tennessee.

It would be a real head scratcher if we didn't come out on top in this one. Kerry and UK are the perfect match. Each one gives the other exactly what they need. He doesn't have that at any of his other options.

I mean, we are soooo lucky that the list of schools we are competing with for Kerry are Florida, Arkansas, Gonzaga and Tennessee.

It would be a real head scratcher if we didn't come out on top in this one. Kerry and UK are the perfect match. Each one gives the other exactly what they need. He doesn't have that at any of his other options.
The only thing I can see keeping him from coming here would be less PT and competition for PT. IMO, it's irrelevant because I can see KB getting as much PT as he could handle here. In his mind, though, PT at UK isn't a guaranteed thing.

Honestly, out of all those schools, Gonzaga worries me the most. They've done really well with transfers and Few has had quite a bit of tournament success.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
The only thing I can see keeping him from coming here would be less PT and competition for PT. IMO, it's irrelevant because I can see KB getting as much PT as he could handle here. In his mind, though, PT at UK isn't a guaranteed thing.

Honestly, out of all those schools, Gonzaga worries me the most. They've done really well with transfers and Few has had quite a bit of tournament success.
If I'm KB, I don't mind playing fewer minutes. That just means you can play with 100% energy the entire time you're out there.

Those big guys wrestle in the paint all game long, that will just kill your legs. But if you only have to play 25 to 30 minutes a game, you and whoever is spelling you, will wear the opposing front court down.

Plus, UK is closer to home and they're on primetime TV twice a week. Most don't even know Gonzaga exists until late March.

If I'm KB, I don't mind playing fewer minutes. That just means you can play with 100% energy the entire time you're out there.

Those big guys wrestle in the paint all game long, that will just kill your legs. But if you only have to play 25 to 30 minutes a game, you and whoever is spelling you, will wear the opposing front court down.

Plus, UK is closer to home and they're on primetime TV twice a week. Most don't even know Gonzaga exists until late March.
Oh, I definitely agree. Just trying to think along the lines of a guy in his early 20s is all. I think UK is his best option by far.

Most don't even know Gonzaga exists until late March.

Unless they're beating Illinois, Arizona and Duke to win the Maui Invitational.
Or beating Florida and Iowa State to win the AdvoCare Disney classic
Or beating Georgia and St. John's to win the NIT Tip off championship

All in the past several years.

And Gonzaga has a history of doing okay with transfers coming in to the program ....

And Gonzaga has a history of doing okay with transfers coming in to the program ....
I agree with all of that, but in the meat of the season, when college football isn't dominating ESPN and all the headlines, Gonzaga is a ghost.

Why would KB leave the ACC to go play San Diego, San Francisco, Portland and Saint Mary's on local television?

Do you think KB dunking on a 6' 5" beanpole is going to.impress NBA scouts?

KB has one season to show NBA scouts that he can play in the league, only a fool would go play at Gonzaga in that Scenario.

Would you do that? So if UK and Gonzaga were offering you a scholarship and you had 1 year to play and you lived in Florida, you would choose to play at Gonzaga???

Reactions: ashbergh

But it’s still Gonzaga at the end of the day brother.

But it’s still Gonzaga at the end of the day brother.

Yes. A Johnny Come Lately. A small school that was playing NAIA basketball when Kentucky was winning half of its NCAA titles.

New to the scene for sure. Somehow clawed its way to relevance (ie the topic of hundreds of threads on this board)

And yes ... still Gonzaga. And still being discussed here.

Reactions: GGary
I would never question any kid’s decision on where he wants to go.

As long as the homework is done and no Nike or Addidas money has slipped into anybody’s pockets.

So if he ends up at UK or Florida .... good for him. It’s what works best for his goals/needs.
But you didn't answer the question:

"So if UK and Gonzaga were offering you a scholarship and you had 1 year to play and you lived in Florida, you would choose to play at Gonzaga???"

Reactions: BaronReborn84

Y'all won the Disney Classic?? Banner time!

So you got banners..

Yes. A Johnny Come Lately. A small school that was playing NAIA basketball when Kentucky was winning half of its NCAA titles.

New to the scene for sure. Somehow clawed its way to relevance (ie the topic of hundreds of threads on this board)

And yes ... still Gonzaga. And still being discussed here.

The topic of hundreds of threads? Lol cmon man, no need to exaggerate. That’s simply not true.
Yes Gonzaga is being discussed. We discuss all sorts of schools and programs here in Rafters.

Reactions: ashbergh
EXACTLY. It’s also most other fan bases. Players don’t think like the fans do because their goal is different than what the fans goal/hope is. Yes they want to win but they will pick losing and playing great if it leads to going to the NBA over winning and not going if those were the choices.

Even most walk one view NBA or playing over winning and Brad Calipari is a perfect example. Some have said “why would you leave UK where you have a chance at a title”. Well because players go to play college basketball so they can.....wait for it..... PLAY

I have not been able to find out when Blackshear is visiting Kentucky and it's starting to make me nervous
Please keep in mind Cal has camps this week on:
June 9
Bardstown, Kentucky
Thomas Nelson High School
9 a.m. – noon

Brandenburg, Kentucky
Meade County High School
2:30-5:30 p.m.

June 10
Crestwood, Kentucky
South Oldham High School

June 11
Corbin, Kentucky
The Corbin Arena

June 12
Flemingsburg, Kentucky
Fleming County High School

June 13
Somerset, Kentucky
Pulaski County High School

Sooooo...I would imagine sometime after June 13.

Second question, where does that rank on his list of priorities? For some kids, winning is the most important thing. For others, it’s equally important to things like personal development and “where can I go to best ensure the highest possible draft spot”. Still others don’t really care about winning.

Kenny Payne is one of the best and Cal does a great job highlighting players for the NBA. So, I think UK has that covered. I think he would stay at Tech if that was his main motivation. But, maybe not. His choice.

Please keep in mind Cal has camps this week on:
June 9
Bardstown, Kentucky
Thomas Nelson High School
9 a.m. – noon

Brandenburg, Kentucky
Meade County High School

June 10
Crestwood, Kentucky
South Oldham High School

June 11
Corbin, Kentucky
The Corbin Arena

June 12
Flemingsburg, Kentucky
Fleming County High School

June 13
Somerset, Kentucky
Pulaski County High School

Sooooo...I would imagine sometime after June 13.

Have to remember the staff has a live recruiting period this weekend as well-although I think it's shorter then usual--might be 24 hrs--but I'd expect them at NBA Top 100 Camp in Charlottesville, VA. Also Team USA event 19U where Sharife Cooper, Scottie Barnes, Jayden Scrubb amongst others will be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT