ADVERTISEMENT

New Rupp Arena Floor

I like the 70s/80s leaping wildcat. Don't know how to post pics but a quick google will find it.
kentucky_wildcats_logo_primary_1973_sportslogosnet-6300.png

Believe this would be it sir. And of course, Nike wouldn’t dare do that, and our administration wouldn’t dare ask Nike to do it so. What I was hoping, hoping, Nike was going to do this last time was a remake of some kind of this logo below. We never used it long and it isn’t repped much, but a remake of this logo with the power K would have been, again, something Nike should but wouldn’t do. So while ALL of the blue bloods get their revised retro logo, and Kansas gets to keep their logo for eternity, we get the look that always screams “I’m Snitch Barnhart and I’m here impress teenagers” we have the best logos of all the blue bloods yet are only better than Duke right now because well, their logo sucks. But even they use a power D.

pi

Just remake this logo and amp it up. Why Nike insist on making this difficult I don’t know. I’ve managed to find a few vintage 60’s tshirts with this logo. Pound members of my vintage UK collection.

I hope they corrected the issues. Visually, it was much better than the current, very crappy design they had.

Reactions: Killswitch24
kentucky_wildcats_logo_primary_1973_sportslogosnet-6300.png

Believe this would be it sir. And of course, Nike wouldn’t dare do that, and our administration wouldn’t dare ask Nike to do it so. What I was hoping, hoping, Nike was going to do this last time was a remake of some kind of this logo below. We never used it long and it isn’t repped much, but a remake of this logo with the power K would have been, again, something Nike should but wouldn’t do. So while ALL of the blue bloods get their revised retro logo, and Kansas gets to keep their logo for eternity, we get the look that always screams “I’m Snitch Barnhart and I’m here impress teenagers” we have the best logos of all the blue bloods yet are only better than Duke right now because well, their logo sucks. But even they use a power D.

pi

Just remake this logo and amp it up. Why Nike insist on making this difficult I don’t know. I’ve managed to find a few vintage 60’s tshirts with this logo. Pound members of my vintage UK collection.
Nice! I love it!

What’s bad is Nike could have used chatGPT generator and come up with better logos than the one they picked. How long will we be stuck with this choppy mess. Half of our campus is still covered in checker boxes and staple removers. It look absolutely hideous. What’s worse is when they use 2 shades of dark and royal blue for the boxes (looks horrendous they finally stopped doing it in the football end zones), and then a totally different shade of blue for the staple remover logo. I literally close my eyes and walk by that sht. It’s inexcusable. Then when you add the chrome helmets on top of all of it, it’s just an absolute choppy mess.
images

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL3VrYXRobGV0aWNzLWNvbS8yMDI0LzA0LzIzZTVjMTZiLTI0MDQxMy1zcHJpbmdnYW1lX2puMTY1LmpwZw.png

Finally got away from it thanks jeez. Still need to remove it the rest of the way. Have an alternate jersey or “secretariat” day, you don’t brand a clean blue look to permanent with that crap.

Last edited:
What’s bad is Nike could have used chatGPT generator and come up with better logos than the one they picked. How long will we be stuck with this choppy mess. Half of our campus is still covered in checker boxes and staple removers. It look absolutely hideous. What’s worse is when they use 2 shades of dark and royal blue for the boxes (looks horrendous they finally stopped doing it in the football end zones), and then a totally different shade of blue for the staple remover logo. I literally close my eyes and walk by that sht. It’s inexcusable. Then when you add the chrome helmets on top of all of it, it’s just an absolute choppy mess.
images

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL3VrYXRobGV0aWNzLWNvbS8yMDI0LzA0LzIzZTVjMTZiLTI0MDQxMy1zcHJpbmdnYW1lX2puMTY1LmpwZw.png

Finally got away from it thanks jeez. Still need to remove it the rest of the way. Have an alternate jersey or “secretariat” day, you don’t brand a clean blue look to permanent with that crap.
ChatGTP wasn't around when that logo was designed.

ChatGTP wasn't around when that logo was designed.

Hell they could have stopped by a 4th grade art class in Winchester and picked out a few kids that had UK shirts on, they would have done better.

The branding is so important and we just can’t get it even close. You’ll ever see UNC Duke or Kansas with this kind of stuff. I like that our tradition is to change it up some we’re the only blue blood to do it, it’s kind of our mark. But at least bring in some retro logos and amp them up. Keep the secretariat checkers and stuff as an alternate. This just wasn’t that hard. Barnhart likes it and that’s why it’s still here. I’m guessing when he goes another AD will correct this mess.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT