ADVERTISEMENT

New Rivals Rankings 2011

Which do you feel is typically more reliable.... rivals or scout? I seem to respect rivals most.

Originally posted by JJGBPD:
Which do you feel is typically more reliable.... rivals or scout? I seem to respect rivals most.
I always go by rivals, but it's not really because I don't like scout. I have just always used rivals from the first day I started following recruiting.

One of the biggest surprise to me was Chane Behanan. He is now ranked #45. As a junior he averaged 21pts and 12rebs a game. From unranked to #45 in a year. Way to go man!

I know people will say that he isn't good enough to play at UK and that he is not a Ky boy. But that is not what this is about. I played in the 4th region and have seen a lot of good players. Some that were 6'6" and could jump out of the gym, some that were 6'8" 240 that were monsters inside, some that could shoot lights out but none have gotten the recognition of this kid. I think it is great!

If Chane can have the kind of senior year that everyone expects and keep improving, then he could get some interest from Cal. Lets say he can stay where is at or move a little higher in the rankings. If so then he just might. I can't remember a kid from this region that was ever ranked that high(in the last 20-25 years).
This post was edited on 5/21 11:03 AM by Katkrazy32

Rivals is usually good, but anyone that has Myck Kabongo rated higher than Tony Wroten or Michael Chandler higher than Johnny O'Bryant or even Trevor Lacy over Nick Johnson and Tracy Abrams is just off.

Hopefully they fix this after the summer circuit. That's as bad as I've seen Rivals rankings. Even Quincy Miller at 8? Have they watched him? There aren't 8 players better than him in high school basketball, much less that class alone. If Macadoo wasn't a UNC commit and didn't have famous blood, no way he's ranked third ahead of Q. Hell, Adonis Thomas is better than he is and they have him at 11.

Originally posted by GonzoCat90:
Rivals is usually good, but anyone that has Myck Kabongo rated higher than Tony Wroten or Michael Chandler higher than Johnny O'Bryant or even Trevor Lacy over Nick Johnson and Tracy Abrams is just off.

Hopefully they fix this after the summer circuit. That's as bad as I've seen Rivals rankings. Even Quincy Miller at 8? Have they watched him? There aren't 8 players better than him in high school basketball, much less that class alone. If Macadoo wasn't a UNC commit and didn't have famous blood, no way he's ranked third ahead of Q. Hell, Adonis Thomas is better than he is and they have him at 11.

totally agree about Mcadoo....no way in hell he is the 3rd best player in a VERY stacked 2011 class

Originally posted by Katkrazy32:
One of the biggest surprise to me was Chane Behanan. He is now ranked #45. As a junior he averaged 21pts and 12rebs a game. From unranked to #45 in a year. Way to go man!

I know people will say that he isn't good enough to play at UK and that he is not a Ky boy. But that is not what this is about. I played in the 4th region and have seen a lot of good players. Some that were 6'6" and could jump out of the gym, some that were 6'8" 240 that were monsters inside, some that could shoot lights out but none have gotten the recognition of this kid. I think it is great!

If Chane can have the kind of senior year that everyone expects and keep improving, then he could get some interest from Cal. Lets say he can stay where is at or move a little higher in the rankings. If so then he just might. I can't remember a kid from this region that was ever ranked that high(in the last 20-25 years).

This post was edited on 5/21 11:03 AM by Katkrazy32
My son watched his team the other day in Hopkinsville and said he is really good,my son plays jv now and some varsity.He also said Bob Huggins was there to watch Behanan,not sure if he is on UK's radar but hight profile coaches are looking at him.

Can't wait for the new rankings to see where Behanan lands after his performance last week.
This post was edited on 6/23 11:14 AM by BIG BLACK JACK

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT