ADVERTISEMENT

New Kicker

The staff REALLY has no faith in Chance Poore. When he signed out of HS, I figured he'd be at least a 3-year solid starter. The first missed couple of FGs evidently got in his head so bad he's had the yips ever since. Guess we don't feel good about the FR either.

Hope this kid keeps up the accuracy. We don't need rocket launches, just make the makeable ones consistently. Geez, last year was a complete roll of the dice even on PATs.

I like the kid and he’s a excellent kickoff man but I was really really hoping chance wasn’t going to be our kicker. Now he can focus on what he excels at. Making teams start from the 25.

I wonder if that’s the way to go anymore?

Kick the ball higher and towards a corner and let your ST pin them even deeper.

I think towards the end of last year I noticed some teams trying to do just that. The receiving team can still fair catch but sometimes they will run it back.

Rowland apparently says he's a WO.
That’s good news! Seems like the staff learned their lesson about giving too many kickers scholarships. No offense to Poore, but he’s been taking that up for like 5-6 years now.

The KO rule really needs to be changed to add excitement to the game

Adam Luckett wrote last night that he confirmed the new kicker is on scholarship and that brings us to 83. So we have two left. I really wish we'd get another QB because I'm not confident in our backups at all. That has to be the worst backup room in the SEC. We probably need another OT or ILB.

Coach Boulware knows what he is doing boys. Our Spec Teams will instantly go from a team weakness to a strength in 1 offseason.
Not if the Long snapper is still sending the ball back with no idea where it is going to go 75% of the time.

Edit: Funny enough I had not seen the other post about 75% misses. Enough Said.

I thought Jackson Smith was supposed to be the best Kicker in the country, he redshirted last year. You would think he would be ready, but I haven't heard much about him lately.

Last edited:
I thought Jackson Smith was supposed to be the best licker in the country, he redshirted last year. You would think he would be ready, but I haven't heard much about him lately.
You haven't heard much about Jackson Smith lately because Chance Poore handled all the placekicking during spring practice. If Smith had made adequate progress, he would have gotten some kicking reps. A competition is shaping up for August between Poore and Alex Raynor. But Raynor has been brought in subsequent to spring practice, so I doubt he is here to sit.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Staff hasn’t been great at getting these “elite” high school kickers to pan out. If Raynor is good, maybe they’ll go to the portal more often.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT