ADVERTISEMENT

NBA summer league Sunday games

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
MGM Resorts NBA Summer League 2021 will tip off on Sunday, Aug. 8 with eight games, highlighted by appearances on ESPN2 by the four teams that hold the first four overall picks in NBA Draft 2021 presented by State Farm. The Detroit Pistons, who have the No. 1 overall pick in the July 29 draft, will face the Oklahoma City Thunder (No. 6 pick) at 8:30 p.m. ET. The Houston Rockets (No. 2 pick) will meet the Cleveland Cavaliers (No. 3 pick) at 6:30 p.m. ET, which follows a matchup between the Toronto Raptors (No. 4 pick) and the New York Knicks at 4:30 p.m. ET.

NBA TV will present the Summer League opener when the Atlanta Hawks take on the Boston Celtics at 4 p.m. ET. ESPN2 and NBA TV will air four games each on the first day of MGM Resorts NBA Summer League 2021.

Knicks-Raptors game starting. Rookie Scottie Barnes playing for Toronto. Obi and IQ playing for Knicks. Rookie Quentin Grimes also playing for Knicks.

Grimes was a solid pickup for the Knicks. Tough, steady, ready to play right away. Will do the little things and can shoot it.

If you've got a playoff foundation in place, that's what you need from your rookies.

What's funny is that this Houston team in the Summer League, ain't all that much worse than the whole team. No Wood or KPJ.. but thats about it. Wall still has question marks with health, Eric Gordon is showing age.

This Houston Summer league team is more or less their future.. they had a pretty great draft.

Jalen Green is a PROBLEM!

.. and also makes me weep seeing scoring like this, after watching Kentucky the last few years. 😞

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Yeah this last season would have went a lot different with Green .

Sheesh, you're not kidding.

Obviously I'm using this thread to talk about my Rockets mostly, so feel free to ignore these posts.

But our picks look great so far. Announcer nailed it.

Jalen Green: A
Alperen Sengun: A
Josh Christopher: A

Sheesh, you're not kidding.

Obviously I'm using this thread to talk about my Rockets mostly, so feel free to ignore these posts.

But our picks look great so far. Announcer nailed it.

Jalen Green: A
Alperen Sengun: A
Josh Christopher: A
I’m a Rockets fan too so I agree lol.

I liked the Josh Christopher pick . Him and Jalen has a lot chemistry.

Do you think they will be able to move Wall?

Yeah this last season would have went a lot different with Green .
I agree, he’s a gamer, but it looked like we dropped him when Cal found out he was going to skip college.
PS. Same with Isaiah Todd. Michigan went on and got that commitment then he said bye, bye.

I’m a Rockets fan too so I agree lol.

I liked the Josh Christopher pick . Him and Jalen has a lot chemistry.

Do you think they will be able to move Wall?

Had no idea! Nice.

Yep the chemistry looks good, and I've always more or less loved the moves the Rockets make over the years. From dumping T-mac at the end of his career, to adding pieces around Harden, to being smart and taking Green in this year's draft. And some of these moves are post-Daryl Morey, who I've always been a big fan of, so that's telling. Honestly, I wish we could get Morey back now that it's the post-Harden era...

Moving Wall will be tough. And it will likely mean taking on some other teams shitty contracts. At this point, keep him for the next two years (our total salary is nothing anyways), and hope that all this time off the last three years, he can come back healthy and help towards the rebuild. Maybe he has some left in the tank, or maybe he becomes like Derrick Rose who reinvents his career as lesser-option player. Worst case we let him go after next season.

I'm thinking 30 to 35 wins this season, and maybe making a push for the 8th seed. I know that sounds crazy, but these were great draft picks, and all 3 proved they will get good minutes this season.

LOL, you can't just stat read and pencil a player into the NBA. I am not saying he will not carve out a role as a reserve, but Garza a STAR ? Not gonna happen.

Rockets future is looking pretty bright. In the Wall situation, I think it will be a tough contract to move. BUT on the positive for you Rocket fans, WHEN he was healthy, he looked good. IF and that is a really big IF he can stay healthy and show at least most of the old John Wall, maybe a team will bite mid season or late trying to load up for a playoff run.

BJ Boston signs a 2 year guaranteed 2.5 million dollar contract with the Clippers. It is the highest guaranteed contract ever for a pick in the 50's who did not play overseas prior. Happy for the young man. He played his ass off, had covid breakout ruin the preseason and missed a bunch of instructional stuff and then broke his finger. People forget the last 10 games he shot over 40% from three and played a lot better. He DID NOT deserve all of the shit fans threw at him last year, he is a kid and gave it his all. Unlike some who just showed up for a year and cruised thru the year or shut it down.

Reactions: Deli owl
LOL, you can't just stat read and pencil a player into the NBA. I am not saying he will not carve out a role as a reserve, but Garza a STAR ? Not gonna happen.

Rockets future is looking pretty bright. In the Wall situation, I think it will be a tough contract to move. BUT on the positive for you Rocket fans, WHEN he was healthy, he looked good. IF and that is a really big IF he can stay healthy and show at least most of the old John Wall, maybe a team will bite mid season or late trying to load up for a playoff run.

BJ Boston signs a 2 year guaranteed 2.5 million dollar contract with the Clippers. It is the highest guaranteed contract ever for a pick in the 50's who did not play overseas prior. Happy for the young man. He played his ass off, had covid breakout ruin the preseason and missed a bunch of instructional stuff and then broke his finger. People forget the last 10 games he shot over 40% from three and played a lot better. He DID NOT deserve all of the shit fans threw at him last year, he is a kid and gave it his all. Unlike some who just showed up for a year and cruised thru the year or shut it down.

Yeah I'm not sold on Garza. And it's not like he had some great game (granted, played very little). I just think these Big10 bigs struggle with athleticism at the next level. I see Garza getting completely exposed as the more likely scenario than him becoming a star.

Yeah, Rockets just need to keep Wall. They knew what they were doing when they swapped Westbrook for him. Both teams needed a shakeup, and both contracts were pretty bloated. With Wall, I'm indifferent. Rockets aren't contending this year or next, and he'll be gone by then (or at least making the salary he deserves at this point). My hope is that he has a little bit of the "come to Jesus" moment where he adjusts his game for what the team needs. Like how Derrick Rose, Melo and CP3 have adjusted their games. Wall's days of throwing his body at the rim are over. Work on play-making and shot creation.

Agree mostly on BJ. I don't think we'll ever know if he himself sorta "shut it down" as the year went on. And I think some blame has to go on him. But the blame goes on everyone. No one looks good when the whole team/staff are bad.

BJ Boston scheduled to play tomorrow.

Um . . . Why are they almost naked?

200.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT