Sophomore
Jan 9, 2009
1. Calipari. 57
2. Self. 56
3. Izzo. 55
4. Pitino 54

From Sneaky Hembo on GetUp

Last edited:
UKBBALL4EVER will be along to smack the shit out of you here in a minute.
I find it hard to see how wins from 20-25 years ago have any bearing on this year. It's more important what he has done lately to me. Of course, if he was just putting it out there for the sake of it, for general knowledge, I'm fine with that.

I find it hard to see how wins from 20-25 years ago have any bearing on this year. It's more important what he has done lately to me. Of course, if he was just putting it out there for the sake of it, for general knowledge, I'm fine with that.
I had a friend that the only horse racing he went to was at a state fair for pacers and trotters. We went to a small track and he kept losing and was very confused. So, I asked him how he was betting. His system at the State Fair had always been to bet on the biggest winners and it worked. Well at the state fair those are young horses, so that makes sense. At the track we were at, the ones with the highest lifetime winnings were 14 years old. They were once great but they were not going to be beating any four and five-year-olds.

I had a friend that the only horse racing he went to was at a state fair for pacers and trotters. We went to a small track and he kept losing and was very confused. So, I asked him how he was betting. His system at the State Fair had always been to bet on the biggest winners and it worked. Well at the state fair those are young horses, so that makes sense. At the track we were at, the ones with the highest lifetime winnings were 14 years old. They were once great but they were not going to be beating any four and five-year-olds.
Yep, the game has passed Cal by. One can no longer win by just recruiting the highest-ranked high schoolers and rolling out the ball in practices.

This analogy would be dead on if the coach played the games. Do old trainers generally get worse as time goes on too?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT