ADVERTISEMENT

Minor Jones Update

Mar 31, 2010
Terrence Jones has NOT told either coaching staff what his final plans are going to be tomorrow. While UK is optimistic (obviously b/c of what Jones has been saying), I would classify it as cautiously optimistic.

Just from how many ppl the kid has told I have to believe it will be UK.

I just find it crazy that he has still not OFFICIALLY made his decision or told either coaching staff to the point that they feel comfortable that he won't change his mind.

Guess that is young kids for you.

Tomorrow should be interesting. I will try and keep an ear out tomorrow at school...unfortunately phone doesn't work in the whole bldg.

I'm still going with my gut and the fact that TJ has verbally expressed his want to play at UK...GO BIG BLUE.

Who are all these people that he has talk with and how do you know this. o yea LINK or your F.O.S

Originally posted by CoachBlev:
I'm still going with my gut and the fact that TJ has verbally expressed his want to play at UK...GO BIG BLUE.
I don't understand this logic. He's also expressed his want to play at Washington by actually committing to them a couple weeks ago.

I don't really owe you an explanation but let me spell it out so you'll quit interjecting your nonsense into a thread w/ FREE info...

Stuff he told fam...I'm on record hearing this directly from the fam member, who also said he has told others this.

Stuff he told recruits...has been reported on other fairly reputable sites and I know a few current players who echo this 3rd hand thru current commits

Stuff he told coaches...well that one goes w/o saying b/c this is also how I know he ain't expressed his plans.

Just quit hating. If you all don't like my info don't read it. At least some on here have figured out that it comes from the BEST sources on the subject...and they take it FWIW not as the gospel.

Some of you guys attack ppl so much that it ain't even worth posting...

Originally posted by NorthernKYCatfan1:

I don't understand this logic. He's also expressed his want to play at Washington by actually committing to them a couple weeks ago.

Me neither and neither do the coaching staffs. At the end of the day, it is a young kid who is conflicted. It usually just doesn't get to this point b/c you can only weigh two schools pros/cons for so long...1 positive is at least he is going to decide by the end of the signing period and not drag it on longer.

I don't really owe you an explanation but let me spell it out so you'll quit interjecting your nonsense into a thread w/ FREE info...

Stuff he told fam...I'm on record hearing this directly from the fam member, who also said he has told others this.

Stuff he told recruits...has been reported on other fairly reputable sites and I know a few current players who echo this 3rd hand thru current commits

Stuff he told coaches...well that one goes w/o saying b/c this is also how I know he ain't expressed his plans.

Just quit hating. If you all don't like my info don't read it. At least some on here have figured out that it comes from the BEST sources on the subject...and they take it FWIW not as the gospel.

Some of you guys attack ppl so much that it ain't even worth posting...

Coach B, we talked about this earlier...remember? You'll always get flamed.

Thanks for the info and ignore the hater.
This post was edited on 5/18 10:45 PM by cp22kjer

So his Gut is the one giveing him all this news about TJ. Better than a link thanx
flush.gif

Thanks coach! I for one appreciate your info.

Some people on this board dog every source there is...I guess it's just that negativity that some of our fanbase is enslaved to.

Preach it Coach B. You also get attacked if you don't have 100,000 posts. Bet if you peeled back the onion, the ones with a lot of posts, most of those posts are negative post on other members.

Originally posted by uk_king_cat2:
So his Gut is the one giveing him all this news about TJ. Better than a link thanx
flush.gif

Can you read? My gut is he will still pick UK. The info in this thread is that he HASN'T let either coaching staff know his FINAL decision yet...which is crazy. Sorry can't link my phone conversations. Maybe next time I'll put you on 3-way calling...

Glad there are level headed ppl on this board with reading comprehension skills...that is who the info is intended for.

There is certainly no guarantee on what Terrence will do...how could you guarantee something when the coaches don't even know for sure what he will do?

I'm not predicting or guaranteeing, just trying to share the "buzz" around the situation...then sharing my opinion.

Now sometimes info is more concrete, like the Vargas offer (only outlet to report this) and the commit (which I got the same info Evan Daniels got 30 minutes b4, but wasn't by my phone)

Tirey and Drummond (if they were here) would have already put this flame out b/c they know me and which schools I work with...

Thanks for the UK. I believe he ends up at UK just based on how this has played out. If so, UK will be Top 10 again next season. And probably overall more balanced. Of course to only expect 3 loses is very unlikely.

Originally posted by WildcatFan60:
Thanks for the UK. I believe he ends up at UK just based on how this has played out. If so, UK will be Top 10 again next season. And probably overall more balanced. Of course to only expect 3 loses is very unlikely.
Thanks for the UK?
roll.gif

Thanks for the info coach.

Sorry yo have to listen to all the crap some folks come up with. Try and turn
a deaf ear to it....or in this case maybe a blind eye.

Anyone know how it will become public....announcement , send in a fax , another presser?

I want to be positive, but this is looking more and more like the CJ Leslie scenario where all signs pointed to UK, but the lure of being close to home with friends and family was just too strong.....

Much as I hate to, I say he ends up at UW....

Geez not this dude again! Man give it up you have been exposed already and we know that you are clueless. You have tried every time a deadline was looming to stir this crap up and claim to be talking to family members and blah blah blah. YOU KNOW SQUAT. Most people on here have already turned the Coach Blev moniker into a punchline. (With A LOT of help from you that is) Enough with the supposed info. Let. It. Die.

First of all this isn't like the Leslie situation. CJ began getting back in with the pack through personal friends he would be playing with and it was his own backyard. Jones meanwhile has had REAL problems deciding who was his real favorite until he had his day and pick UW. I would think after that day, if I was going to sign with UW I would want to do it with so little media fair as possible. Possibly a note saying that I kept my word and signed with UW, not another full fledged media circus with everyone wanting to know who is it? That plus Ross has been VERY quiet and that makes me wonder if its a good thing or not for UK.

Glad there are level headed ppl on this board with reading comprehension skills...that is who the info is intended for.

There is certainly no guarantee on what Terrence will do...how could you guarantee something when the coaches don't even know for sure what he will do?

I'm not predicting or guaranteeing, just trying to share the "buzz" around the situation...then sharing my opinion.

Now sometimes info is more concrete, like the Vargas offer (only outlet to report this) and the commit (which I got the same info Evan Daniels got 30 minutes b4, but wasn't by my phone)

Tirey and Drummond (if they were here) would have already put this flame out b/c they know me and which schools I work with...

your info is obviously made up. what the hell happened to "Jones has committed to UK"?

I love these new posters that bash people with information. If you had any idea how many good posters with good information people like you have run off from this board, you'd keep your mouth shut. If Blevins is wrong, he's wrong. If you don't like the information, shut up and let those who do read it.

The ONLY way anyone should attack anyone who is sharing information here for free is if you have better information that contradicts it. There is clearly a market online for people to make money by sharing the information they have. As has been discussed ad nauseum, none of them are always right either. So if someone is sharing what they know respectfully and FOR FREE then PLEASE keep your mouth shut and stop following them from thread to thread.

Originally posted by uk_king_cat2:
Look lil kid its lie's thats all. Yourself & B need help [baker act]
If you think so, fine. But don't ruin every thread with your opinion. Who are you? Who do you know with information? What can you share with us? If nothing, then why not take the info with a grain of salt as we are all doing and see what happens?

You convincing everyone here he is lying will not change the outcome of this situation or any others he may report on. Maybe he's making it up. Maybe he isn't. Have you heard of Pascal's wager? This isn't about God, but the same principle applies here. So unless you have information you feel is more legit and plan to share it and prove you're more credible than Blevins, then stay quiet and let people read the information. If you don't believe it, fine. It won't change the outcome either way.

Originally posted by BigBlueAllOverU:
I want to be positive, but this is looking more and more like the CJ Leslie scenario where all signs pointed to UK, but the lure of being close to home with friends and family was just too strong.....

Except that according to one source, Jones was on UW's campus to tell Romar in person that he was going to UK. Not sure if I believe that any more than the rumors that he was there to sign his LOI with UW, but it actually makes sense, so....

Terrence Jones has NOT told either coaching staff what his final plans are going to be tomorrow.. While UK is optimistic (obviously b/c of what Jones has been saying), I would classify it as cautiously optimistic.

I just find it crazy that he has still not OFFICIALLY made his decision or told either coaching staff to the point that they feel comfortable that he won't change his mind.

Tomorrow should be interesting. I will try and keep an ear out tomorrow at school...unfortunately phone doesn't work in the whole bldg.

This is the info you should post.

Nothing more. Maybe it would save you heartache. Everything after that statement is nothing but opinion.
Maybe that is the point of contention that people have.
Youre making sound like he is going to choose UK tomorrow, when all you know is that your source doesn't know...FWIW

BTW , thanks for the info.
smilie2.gif

Originally posted by SilentsAreGolden:

Originally posted by BigBlueAllOverU:

Except that according to one source, Jones was on UW's campus to tell Romar in person that he was going to UK. Not sure if I believe that any more than the rumors that he was there to sign his LOI with UW, but it actually makes sense, so....
What source? The Mack Perkins guy?

I believe your info is correct and feel free to keep posting.

Now sometimes info is more concrete, like the Vargas offer (only outlet to report this) and the commit (which I got the same info Evan Daniels got 30 minutes b4, but wasn't by my phone[/URL] )

Tirey and Drummond (if they were here) would have already put this flame out b/c they know me and which schools[/URL] I work with...

I appreciate the info and hope you are right. Have you heard anything about what time today he might announce?

Originally posted by new era cat:

Terrence Jones has NOT told either coaching staff what his final plans are going to be tomorrow.. While UK is optimistic (obviously b/c of what Jones has been saying), I would classify it as cautiously optimistic.

This is the info you should post.

Nothing more. Maybe it would save you heartache. Everything after that statement is nothing but opinion.
Maybe that is the point of contention that people have.
Youre making sound like he is going to choose UK tomorrow, when all you know is that your source doesn't know...FWIW

BTW , thanks for the info.
smilie2.gif

Point taken...thought about this after I posted it.

Just wondering how many people on this thread actually believe this poster talked directly to a Terrence Jones family member. All those raising your hands please commit yourselves for psychological examination.

So the choice is CoachBlev or a guy call Colonel Jay from Colorado? Who also give pycho screenings, tough decision.

Originally posted by UKlaw82:
So the choice is CoachBlev or a guy call Colonel Jay from Colorado? Who also give pycho screenings, tough decision.

I think I will go with Coach on this one. Coors Lite is the only good thing I ever got out of Colorado.
laugh.gif

This post was edited on 5/19 6:22 PM by CBBCrazy

I got a good feeling about Terrence Jones becoming a Cat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT