ADVERTISEMENT

mad props to Hawkins

There should be a lot of threads on Hawkins. Has to sit the bench for several games and now given his chance performed awesome. His defense should not be over looked. He kept his man in front, showed tons of energy, fit right in with the offense and was huge in allowing the platoons to look good and wear down Missouri.

Played great but still want to see this happen against a good team - not that I don't think he's capable of it. He played smart and didn't disrupt the flow of the offense. He is great defensively and, I agree with the poster above, was Poythree-esque on a few effort/athleticism plays. Fun kid to watch.

Loved his tenacious defense and his newly polished offensive game. I think he's a great compliment to the blue platoon.

Good for him. Been complaining about him not making a platoon the last few games.

If Hawkins keeps playing defense like he did tonight, he will be in the rotation every game. Some folks forget he was the guy assigned to Stauskas last year in the second half, and helped hold him in check in the Michigan game.

When I heard he was starting, I said to myself, great move Cal as we need someone like that to pressure the point guard and he has the body to do that.

Funny thing is,

Hawkins's potential is higher than most of our players. He needs to practice his ass off, and play some so he can get some in game experience. Him senior year...WOW would be amazing!

'Nique was fun to watch and root for tonight. You could tell that he was happy to be out there playing, and he really gets after it on defense. I loved seeing him battling for rebounds down low and just mixing it up. He wasn't even a liability all that much on offense, made his man guard him and didn't hesitate to take open jumpers, though I really wish he would've sunk one of the 3 attempts. On the other hand, Willis looked visibly frustrated a couple times. I just don't know if he is ever going to crack the lineup at UK. I don't think anyone doubts his offensive ability, but we are a defense first team and that's why you see Hawkins out there instead.

Originally posted by WildMoon:
Funny thing is,

Hawkins's potential is higher than most of our players. He needs to practice his ass off, and play some so he can get some in game experience. Him senior year...WOW would be amazing!
Again like i said with Willis both He and hawkins could ALL SEC types by their senior campaigns .

Originally posted by caneintally:

Originally posted by WildMoon:
Funny thing is,

Again like i said with Willis both He and hawkins could ALL SEC types by their senior campaigns .
Willis will need to get some nastiness, we'll see how he grows in that category.

D.H. is a FREAK athlete. I really want to see him play more. I'll wait on D.W. still. He's a bit sloppy and soft at times. We'll see how he changes when he gains additional 10-15 lbs. He'll be good tho. He has skill, just doesn't have the attitude or strength.

But, i'm a super D.H. fan. He screams potential. I hope he works his ass off and just practice practice practice...

The thing I like most about DH is what I saw from him on the bench against TA&M. Definitely into the game and definitely supportive. Tonight he just translated that into game action. He was a huge difference maker in the energy/defense dept. Made some nice offensive moves as well.

Elite athlete that brings tons of intangibles. I advocating him over Lee in the platoons at the beginning of the season to allow Lyles to play more inside. Was thrilled to see the him playing.

from on draftexpress after the combine:

Dominique Hawkinsmay not be as highly touted as his peers when it comes to his NBA potential, but his 44.5 maximum vertical leap ranks among the very best marks in our database.

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3OnSM7bDA

This post was edited on 1/14 7:02 AM by qwesley

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT