ADVERTISEMENT

Lyman LB Nico Firios picks up 2 more offers from Kentucky, Louisville

AndyPopCat

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2002
Bluegrass, USA
twitter.com
"It's exciting to have received offers from two teams who are such big rivals and compete so heavily with each other," Firios said. "The fans on both sides are tweeting at me trying to convince me, which makes it fun and interesting because I'm almost inthe middle of the rivalry."

Interestingly, the head coaches for the two rival schools were once defensive coordinators at two other rivals schools. Mark Stoops, in his first season at Kentucky, comes over from Florida State, where he was defensive coordinator. Louisville head coach Charlies Strong held the same position at Florida before leaving for Louisville in 2010.

"Both offers mean so much because Kentucky is in the SEC and Louisville will be in the ACC," Firios said, "and after seeing what [Louisville] did against Florida [in the Sugar Bowl], I'm really excited to see what they have to offer."

Firios has yet to plan much beyond attending the UCF junior day on March 23.

"Over the summer I will take some [visits] and Louisville and Kentucky are both options but I haven't decided yet," he said. "

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/recruiting/os-nico-firios-offers-from-kentucky-louisville-20130306,0,7066922.post

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT