ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi just posted …KSR saying possible 1 seed in Chicago

Kansas 6 losses and 10 quad 1 wins and an 18 point home beat down to Kentucky
Kentucky 6 losses and 9 quad 1 wins and an 18 point beat down of Kansas on their home floor

So how is Kansas #3 and Kentucky #5 ?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Is a 1 or a 2 THAT important? If Cats are a 1 instead of a 2, they still have to play that specific team they're swapping with to make the FF.

Seems like as long as youre a 1 or 2 its all the same.
I think it's more of a factor this year than others. Go look at the teams in line to be a 3 seed this year... and then go look at the 4-5 line. In my opinion, there's a huge difference between playing a Villanova (potentially in Philly) or a Purdue, vs. playing a Providence or UCLA in the Sweet 16. Not to mention the difference between the 7 seeds and the 8-9 line. We earn a one-seed and a trip to the Elite Eight SHOULD be academic. If we're a two it's an absolute dog fight from the second round on.

Kansas 6 losses and 10 quad 1 wins and an 18 point home beat down to Kentucky
Kentucky 6 losses and 9 quad 1 wins and an 18 point beat down of Kansas on their home floor

So how is Kansas #3 and Kentucky #5 ?

It is silly that so many are giving KU the benefit of the doubt over this 1 extra Quad 1 win. The committee can use Baylor as a shield to KU (same crap they did on reveal show) if KU is the 3rd one.

I really believe if we lose this weekend we are a 2. The committee will say Baylor has one less loss and blah blah and same with KU if they win the Big 12. I would agree with KU getting a 1 in that scenario but not Baylor.

I’d be very shocked that if we win tonight that we aren’t the 1 in the East with Duke as the 2. I just can’t see CBS and Warner Media paying a billion dollars for broadcasting rights and not pushing for that possible storyline. K’s last season and the 30th Anniversary of the Laetner shot. Outside of a title I’d like nothing better than Kentucky to take Duke out this season.

I think it's more of a factor this year than others. Go look at the teams in line to be a 3 seed this year... and then go look at the 4-5 line. In my opinion, there's a huge difference between playing a Villanova (potentially in Philly) or a Purdue, vs. playing a Providence or UCLA in the Sweet 16. Not to mention the difference between the 7 seeds and the 8-9 line. We earn a one-seed and a trip to the Elite Eight SHOULD be academic. If we're a two it's an absolute dog fight from the second round on.
I agree, depending on the seed and the quality of teams like Purdue and Nova, it’s gonna be a battle. But no matter what you have to beat good teams sometime to advance and win.

Reactions: FinancialPlannerZac
I’d be very shocked that if we win tonight that we aren’t the 1 in the East with Duke as the 2. I just can’t see CBS and Warner Media paying a billion dollars for broadcasting rights and not pushing for that possible storyline. K’s last season and the 30th Anniversary of the Laetner shot. Outside of a title I’d like nothing better than Kentucky to take Duke out this season.
I would love that but I don’t want to face Duke with K’s last tournament on the line. It won’t be fair. Guaranteed 10000000%

I posted this in another thread but I think if Kentucky is a 1 seed, Duke will be our 2 in Philadelphia.

This year is the 30th anniversary of the Christian Laettner shot in Philadelphia. Perfect story line

Reactions: RunninRichie
I've been calling it for weeks:

It's going to be Duke vs. Kentucky in the Elite Eight.

Cats win tonight and we are the last 1 seed, IMHO. Baylor and Auburn lost in the quarterfinals, while we would be in the semifinals.

We win tomorrow and maybe we pass KU and get Chicago, depending on what the ‘Hawks do tonight.

I expect we will end up in the East and have Nova as our 2 seed. Playing Nova in Philly just sounds like what we would get stuck with.

Dude, just chill out. Damn. Auburn hasn't earned what we have. Seriously, act like a real UK fan and have a hunger to beat the ish out of these teams and win this damn thing.
You participation trophy and ice cream is available on the table in the back. We are KY. We ain’t entitled to shit. We kick your ass and take it.

Cats win tonight and we are the last 1 seed, IMHO. Baylor and Auburn lost in the quarterfinals, while we would be in the semifinals.

We win tomorrow and maybe we pass KU and get Chicago, depending on what the ‘Hawks do tonight.

I expect we will end up in the East and have Nova as our 2 seed. Playing Nova in Philly just sounds like what we would get stuck with.
We won’t budge an inch for heating Vandy. Bust TN again, then maybe.

Which is what I have been saying. Change your glasses.

You always take the one when its for the taking. Damn it. We are UK and we've earned it for the wars we've been through. It's time to get up in other teams faces and say "HAHA WE ARE BETTER THAN YOU!"
We haven’t played a damn game in this tournament. We haven’t earned crap. You get in faces after you beat them down in the cracks in the floor. Entitled bulkshit.

If we win 2 games, we're a 1 imo. SEC championship won't matter now, since it won't be Auburn v Kentucky with winner taking the 1.
This is similar to the post that I made early in another thread. My position is that beating the #5 team for the SEC Championship would have made it virtually impossible for UK to not get a #1 seed.

Reactions: ganner918
I've been calling it for weeks:

It's going to be Duke vs. Kentucky in the Elite Eight.

Saul, why in the hell would you think this Duke team is capable of making it to the Elite 8?

I may be off-base but they look like a team that will lose to a 7 or 10.

A UK Duke elite 8 in Chicago is certainly in play given the fact that we might be heading there as the 1 and that's coach K's preferred region. If they are a high 2 I'd expect them to be there.

Wouldn’t shock me for UK and Duke end up in the East playing the Philadelphia regional. 30 year anniversary of the Laettner shot. No way the NCAA and CBS could pass that up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT