ADVERTISEMENT

Looking forward to NMST game

SmyrnaCatFan

Sophomore
Nov 9, 2012
Although this is a team that comes in with poor credentials, new players, new coach and new conference, they are a DI school from a good conference. The players should have the skillsets of mid-major basketball and will give, in my opinion, a better perspective of our team. This time it counts.

Yes, I have been surprised by the minimal posts about our first real game. I'm very excited with the season starting. Given our last real game was against a team everyone thought would be easy I'm assuming nothing.
If NMST has any brain power they should be taking shots in the paint. They could have many second chance points if their big men are any good.

Reactions: dl51344
Yes, I have been surprised by the minimal posts about our first real game. I'm very excited with the season starting. Given our last real game was against a team everyone thought would be easy I'm assuming nothing.
If NMST has any brain power they should be taking shots in the paint. They could have many second chance points if their big men are any good.
I’m not, the football team’s annual trip to the Duke’s Mayo Bowl and the never ending run of future recruits who will continue to help get them there for years to come takes precedence over UK’s historic basketball program around here.

I think a lot of people are in a wait and see mode for this season, I know I am. I’m excited to see them play vs D1 teams now, but next Tuesday will be the game that lets us see these guys under the bright lights.

Reactions: BlueSince92
They've got three players 6-10 or taller.
So do we.......

.....sort of.

200w.gif

I'm pretty interested to watch this game.

I could be wrong Cats, but looking over the roster the only post I see is Tre Mitchell and I'd call him more of a stretch 4.

Feels like NM State will try to make it a rock fight and Kentucky will want to speed up the game.

TOs feel like the name of this game.

Definitely have UK winning...but the 17.5 point line looks pretty big.

Reactions: Blisterpac
Cal has asked them not to play very much zone in the game, he hasn’t had time to work more plays into the offense.

I am not surprised about the number of posts with the upcoming season. Some fans are still knee deep in football only and do not really post much, they watch but do not spend extra time until after football season. Secondly we are missing guys and finally we have had a few bad seasons so some are gun shy on the team till they prove themselves, nothing against players more against coach. I do not expect a sell out tonight, Monday games against non power 5 teams rarely do sell out. I just hope it does not look like the 2 exhibitions. GO BIG BLUE and beat them NMSU Aggies.

Reactions: IIIBradIII
Would not surprise me if game is close at the half. Otherwise, this is supposed to be an easy game.

I am not surprised about the number of posts with the upcoming season. Some fans are still knee deep in football only and do not really post much, they watch but do not spend extra time until after football season. Secondly we are missing guys and finally we have had a few bad seasons so some are gun shy on the team till they prove themselves, nothing against players more against coach. I do not expect a sell out tonight, Monday games against non power 5 teams rarely do sell out. I just hope it does not look like the 2 exhibitions. GO BIG BLUE and beat them NMSU Aggies.

I agree on the wait and see due to past seasons and Caliparis issues.

I never understood the inability to be able to post on multiple forums year round though. It's not like our football forum has a ton of pertinent threads anyways. It rarely has threads on college football as a whole and the playoff projections and so on.

I agree on the wait and see due to past seasons and Caliparis issues.

I never understood the inability to be able to post on multiple forums year round though. It's not like our football forum has a ton of pertinent threads anyways. It rarely has threads on college football as a whole and the playoff projections and so on.
I think it is more of a superstition than anything. Just my guess.

It'd be something to start the season with at least one post player getting minutes.

I'm pretty interested to watch this game.

I could be wrong Cats, but looking over the roster the only post I see is Tre Mitchell and I'd call him more of a stretch 4.

Feels like NM State will try to make it a rock fight and Kentucky will want to speed up the game.

TOs feel like the name of this game.

Definitely have UK winning...but the 17.5 point line looks pretty big.
I got it at 15 and bet the farm. I hope JRow and the boys are right about their predictions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT