ADVERTISEMENT

LOL at ALL announcers bitching about constant monitor reviews

yabbadabbadoo

Senior
Nov 3, 2007
Completely ridiculous but that it’s come to this. Officials want to be the show instead of letting the kids play and be the entertainment. Texas Tech and BYU just had a review that took nearly 5 minutes and there was nothing to look at and they still called a flagrant on a player. Laughable.

The reviews on flagrant fouls are annoying sometimes, but the reviews on out of bounds calls are even worse. It’s gotten to the point where just about every single ball out of bounds gets reviewed in the last 2 minutes of a close game, which is bad enough for what it does to the flow of the game, but what especially infuriates me is that they basically change the rules in the last 2 minutes by taking plays where the defense slaps the ball away that wouldn’t even register as controversial to give back to the offense in the first 38 minutes and deciding they’re actually turnovers because the replay shows that the ball handler kept a single skin cell in contact with the ball for a fraction of a second after it got knocked away from him. I absolutely hate when replay is used that way in sports.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I understand wanting to get calls right but they abuse it then take forever, kills the game completely & also gives teams free time outs. There’s no consequence for burning them early cause it’s 100% guarantee the refs are going to stop the game multiple times inside of 2 mins so they can use it as a TO. The flagrant are ridiculous, these have no idea what a true flagrant is. I think of flagrant as intentional but I am wrong according to the refs.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Completely ridiculous but that it’s come to this. Officials want to be the show instead of letting the kids play and be the entertainment. Texas Tech and BYU just had a review that took nearly 5 minutes and there was nothing to look at and they still called a flagrant on a player. Laughable.
Yeah I never did figure out what the guy did to deserve a flagrant foul.

Laughing at the announcers for making valid complaints, but criticizing the refs?

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

I hate the review of shots, where they can determine later in the game if it was a 2 or a 3. If you're going to do that, do when it takes place.

What if they save the 1st half monitor reviews for halftime? Adjust the score and fouls as needed.

I am glad the announcers are bring this up because it is getting worse all the time. I posted here some weeks back that there should be a rule that they have to make a decision in less than a minute on reviews. And maybe how many they can look at in a game.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
The human element has ALWAYS been part of the game I hate the f!#$% monitor just despise it. If a call gets blown, it gets blown ,the games are being ruined by these ENDLESS stoppages. Life ain't perfect, neither is basketball

Reactions: ManitouDan
I watched a great Rasheed Wallace interview the other day. I think maybe RalphDaltonFan posted the link if I remember right. He was talking about how refs wanna be the show, and he would be like “T me up MF’er ain’t nobody paid their hard earned money to come watch you play” 😂

Not only do they kill the game flow and watchability, but they almost force themselves to make a flagrant call so they don't look as dumb as they are.
Like that goaltend on Ugo against Tennessee, every angle showed an easy block, play reviewed and the call is confirmed, goaltending 😂. Crooked stupid incompetent F@cks.

• Love
Reactions: Lea and ManitouDan
Yep 60 second time limit , if its not obvious .. play on with the call
I think who ever reviews the call, do like the NFL in the Booth, where it’s a different ref than the one who made the call. That way he can’t agree with himself with overwhelming evidence against him so he don’t feel stupid.

Reactions: ManitouDan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT