Live ESPN Mock Draft - Herro 16

sosoblue

Senior
Aug 18, 2004
Herro 16 pick to Orlando
Langford 18 to Pacers
Keldon 19 to Spurs
PJ Washington 21 to OKC

No one said he should have come back. I’ve said it would have been best for him but he doesn’t have a choice the way the system is now.

If Langford don't get picked up by the Pacers he may fall to the late 20's. He should have came to Kentucky.

I'll be surprise if PJ falls that far I'm going to believe he will be one of the first 14 picks.

Regardless if we have three in the first round it's going to be a wonderful Kentucky night and if we add Blackshear it will go from wonderful to freaking unbelievable to out of this world and utterly amazing week!

Reactions: BBUK
If he goes in the lottery how would it have been “best” for him to come back?

Because it’s best for him as a person to spend time in college growing up and leaning to make mature decisions before making millions of dollars. It’s stinks these guys don’t have that option. He’s not ready; physically, mentally or in game.

Because it’s best for him as a person to spend time in college growing up and leaning to make mature decisions before making millions of dollars. It’s stinks these guys don’t have that option. He’s not ready; physically, mentally or in game.

What makes you say he’s not ready “mentally”
The Celtics and other teams seem to think he’s “ready” (and he can grow and mature with them as they are INVESTING in him... it’s not like he’s going to the G-league or a throwaway 2way contract)

This is kind of silly. Sure If he declared and was being projected 2nd round , then yes. Stupid idea. He’s going lottery. A team will be investing 4 years and nearly $10 million into Tyler. He absolutely made the right decision. It would be foolish for him to return when he has a lottery guarantee.

What makes you say he’s not ready “mentally”
The Celtics and other teams seem to think he’s “ready” (and he can grow and mature with them as they are INVESTING in him... it’s not like he’s going to the G-league or a throwaway 2way contract)

This is kind of silly. Sure If he declared and was being projected 2nd round , then yes. Stupid idea. He’s going lottery. A team will be investing 4 years and nearly $10 million into Tyler. He absolutely made the right decision. It would be foolish for him to return when he has a lottery guarantee.

It’s like you didn’t even read what I said. I didn’t say it was the wrong decision. It was his only decision. It’s too big a risk to come back but it would have been better for the kid to spend 3/4 years in school. There are almost no kids ready for what’s coming in his life. It’s why most are broke later on in life.

No chance in hell PJ lasts into the 20's. He will not make it past 15.

I have read some scouts saying Herro may be the best shooter in the draft. Maybe, maybe not, but opinion is out there of some.

100% dumbest statement I’ve ever read.

It’s like you didn’t even read what I said. I didn’t say it was the wrong decision. It was his only decision. It’s too big a risk to come back but it would have been better for the kid to spend 3/4 years in school. There are almost no kids ready for what’s coming in his life. It’s why most are broke later on in life.

I did read it, yet you still don’t seem to comprehend. 3-4 years? Because there’s never any college juniors and seniors (and Beyond) who are super immature and very much far from “grown.”

MKG declared when he was 19 and was VERY mature and carried himself well. His first year in the league he was hosting charity drives for underprivileged children bringing in hundreds of thousands / millions of $$.

Anything Davis - declared at 19. Always very mature.

Maturity doesn’t rely solely on age and coming back to college certainly does not always “make one more ready for life,”

I did read it, yet you still don’t seem to comprehend. 3-4 years? Because there’s never any college juniors and seniors (and Beyond) who are super immature and very much far from “grown.”

MKG declared when he was 19 and was VERY mature and carried himself well. His first year in the league he was hosting charity drives for underprivileged children bringing in hundreds of thousands / millions of $$.

Anything Davis - declared at 19. Always very mature.

Maturity doesn’t rely solely on age and coming back to college certainly does not always “make one more ready for life,”

There is more nonsense in that statement than I can even deal with. Ron Artest had a charity drive 2 weeks before he went into the stands and punched a fan. Antoine Walker did lots of charity work. Now he’s broke. And you have no idea how mature Anthony Davis is because you not know him. I’ve known lots of 18-19 year olds and very few are ready for game at fortune and then 5-7 years later have it taken away.

How many of Cal's former players here at UK are dead broke on the street?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT