ADVERTISEMENT

Len Elmore's Concern for Aaron Harrison

Doctor.

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2002
I know it is sometimes tiresome to see threads complaining about announcers for UK games. But last night, when Aaron left with what looked like a dislocated finger and then immediately returned to the bench, Len Elmore said "I'll be shocked if he goes back in the game." At the time he said it, I thought "why would that shock anyone with a brain stem?" Hell, in football -- a violent sport -- guys come out with dislocated fingers, pop them back into place, tape them up and go back in the game. Why on God's green earth would Aaron NOT play? We're blowing out West Virginia, yes, but get the injured guy back in the game and let him get used to playing with the injury in a game where, if it takes him a while to adjust, you're not hurt. When Elmore made the FIRST comment, I thought it was idiotic.

Then, of course, Aaron came back in the game and played. And Elmore commented that he couldn't believe Aaron was back in. He hinted that, because of the injury to the finger, Aaron somehow might suffer some other injury. It was some of the stupidest commentary I have heard in a long time. I know people have been complaining about Chris Webber, and with some justification. But his limitations are more because of a lack of experience. Elmore has been commenting on games for years and years. (He's the one who essentially called Sean Woods' shot "lucky" in the famous 1992 Duke game. A-hole.) I guess this is what happens when there are so many games on TV. You don't necessarily get the A or the B team, you sometimes get the F team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.