ADVERTISEMENT

Ku, Uk line.

Boyd94

Junior
Feb 16, 2022
Looks like it's gone up from 4.5 to 6.5 over night. Wonder if Vegas knows Thiero is out?

Looks like it's gone up from 4.5 to 6.5 over night. Wonder if Vegas knows Thiero is out?
Folks on these boards ascribe way too much “all knowing” credit to Vegas.

Most likely what happened was simply that too much action was being bet on Kansas, so the bean counters adjusted the line to get more people to bet on UK. Because that’s the way Vegas books make the most money: by setting the line at a number where you get an even number of bets on both sides, which guarantees them maximum commission regardless of who wins.

But, of course, message board posters always wanna instead believe something more “inside” and nefarious is going on.

Tonight’s game seems like a perfect storm for us to win without our 7 footers. The line seems low for a team playing the #1 team without it’s bigs playing.

Reactions: CincinnatiWildcat
Thiero’s status isn’t moving the line 2-3 points. It’s big $$ coming in on Kansas that’s doing that.

Reactions: sefus12
Just saw line going up more and more as Pro Money going on KU. Best Bet is take KU and give up the points

Didn't Kansas lose a scrimmage to Illinois, some people act UK has no shot in this game, UK will have the three most talented players on the Court easily,

• Haha
Reactions: UKMKG
Didn't Kansas lose a scrimmage to Illinois, some people act UK has no shot in this game, UK will have the three most talented players on the Court easily,

Yes they did. Who knows who played or how hard, though.

I wouldn't trade rosters with Kansas, especially when we get our centers back. And I'm not saying that we can't win, but we are without bigs, so the smart money should be on Kansas to win. Just my opinion.

The line moving is so that Vegas sees a balance of money coming in for both teams.

Has zero to do with who is playing and who isn’t.

Reactions: UK90

I wouldn't trade rosters with Kansas, especially when we get our centers back. And I'm not saying that we can't win, but we are without bigs, so the smart money should be on Kansas to win. Just my opinion.
HD played in that game. And apparently Illinois doesn't have a dude over 7' either. So hope is not lost. If our guards play well, we can win.

I'm gonna steer clear of betting tonight. I just want to watch the games. I'm not above betting against UK if I feel thats what will happen. I had a pretty successful weekend betting football and I'm gonna hang on to my winnings. Still gotta get a feel for who is about what in college basketball. Good luck to all of yall wagering tonight. Make that money!

Reactions: Fox2monk

Best post in the thread.

Folks on these boards ascribe way too much “all knowing” credit to Vegas.

Most likely what happened was simply that too much action was being bet on Kansas, so the bean counters adjusted the line to get more people to bet on UK. Because that’s the way Vegas books make the most money: by setting the line at a number where you get an even number of bets on both sides, which guarantees them maximum commission regardless of who wins.

But, of course, message board posters always wanna instead believe something more “inside” and nefarious is going on.
This is almost always the case, Vegas rarely ever has inside info. It’s usually the guys with inside info that bet huge money to shift the odds, that Vegas gets the credit for.

Illinois is the bet tonight....

#4 Marquette getting points.. no way they cover
I'm going in on NBA and NHL only tonight. Took a hit this weekend with Baltimore and Cincinnati. Gotta recover with some nba money. Good games all over the board though. Cats by 2...

Per the Vegas Insider website, 64% of the money is on UK to cover currently. When I looked at 9 AM this morning, 72% of the money was on UK to cover.

It’s usually a red flag if money is coming in on a team and the line moves in the opposite direction.

I mean, we have zero bigs. I can see why people would be pounding Kansas. Plus they've looked really good the 1st 2 games.
People get too caught up looking at the NBA potential, and not the college players they are. Elmarko Jackson is projected late lottery, their only 1st rd pick, and he is by far the weakest link in the starting 5.

Reactions: Mike-D and Fox2monk
Uk will have the 3 of the 4 most draft able players (along with Jackson). That has little to do with how they perform tonight. The 3 best college players are HD, Harris and McCullars, that is why the line is ku -7.

Our record since 2016 vs ranked opponents has no bearing on the outcome of this game.
Our record overall from 2010 vs ranked opponents also has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of this game.

Our team changes drastically year in and year out. I can't think of a more meaningless thing to do than to say our record and using that as some kind of argument whether we win/lose this game.

This argument takes so many forms and not just UK.
X team never did this so they can't do this in the future.
Or Y team always does this so they are going to continue to do so.

Now we are missing 3 bigs. We probably lost this game. But what makes sports great IMO is the unpredictability of it all.

Uk will have the 3 of the 4 most draft able players (along with Jackson). That has little to do with how they perform tonight. The 3 best college players are HD, Harris and McCullars, that is why the line is ku -7.
They better warm up extra special cause our boys will be ready

I want Kentucky to stomp Kansas tonight, but we know Kentucky is playing 8 vs 5. I worry about early foul trouble against us because we have no bigs tonight while Kansas has their bigs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT