ADVERTISEMENT

KSR wrong about Bill Walton...

Mar 3, 2024
They said he only called one UK game and it was in 2019. I knew I remembered him calling a UK game back in the 90's on NBC. I went back and looked it up, and sure enough I was right. He was the color guy for the '95 UK at Notre Dame game. I remembered him talking about Walter McCarty being an NBA prospect. Anyways, I'm 43 years old. Growing up in the 90's, UK basketball was life to me. Every game was like a holiday to me. Funny at all the UK basketball things that I still remember clear as day from thar era. I forget what I had for lunch 3 days ago, but I remember a random game that Bill Walton called when I was a teenager....

Last edited:
They said he only called one UK game and it was in 2019. I knew I remembered him calling a UK game back in the 90's on NBC. I went back and looked it up, and sure enough I was right. He was the color guy for the '95 UK at Notre Dame game. I remembered him talking about Walter McCarty being an NBA prospect. Anyways, I'm 43 years old. Growing up in the 90's, UK basketball was life to me. Every game was like a holiday to me. Funny at all the UK basketball things that I still remember clear as day from thar era. I forget what I had for lunch 3 days ago, but I remember a random game that Bill Walton called when I was a teenager....

Okay

Right or wrong college basketball has missed the ocean by not having a KY - Arizona or another PAC 12 opponent out West let’s say at the Staples Center with the next year playing them in Madison Square. Anyone know how many if any times KY- Arizona have played since the 97 Title game?

Right or wrong college basketball has missed the ocean by not having a KY - Arizona or another PAC 12 opponent out West let’s say at the Staples Center with the next year playing them in Madison Square. Anyone know how many if any times KY- Arizona have played since the 97 Title game?
Twice: The 1997 Maui Invitational and then the 1999 Preseason NIT Championship game, both won by Arizona.

Reactions: TOMCATS1990

Good find.

Twice: The 1997 Maui Invitational and then the 1999 Preseason NIT Championship game, both won by Arizona.
It’s a shame we didn’t have a home and home over the years with Zona - UCLA- Oregon etc. Would have been nice to have seen KY play at 10 on Saturday night out West with Walton calling the game. KY hasn’t played Arizona in 25 years that’s crazy

It’s a shame we didn’t have a home and home over the years with Zona - UCLA- Oregon etc. Would have been nice to have seen KY play at 10 on Saturday night out West with Walton calling the game. KY hasn’t played Arizona in 25 years that’s crazy
We did a home and home with UCLA in the 2016 and 2017 seasons. Lost to them both times as the #1 team in the country. It does suck we haven’t had anything beyond that with PAC teams.

Yeah, the UK fan base is massive. Really should work harder to let them see games. Especially football. One game in Texas in 10 years. Fortunately SEC expansion should fix that. But should've tried for Vegas bowl or now a game in LA, San Francisco, Denver, Phoenix area. Not asking every year, but something more than never. But that might mean the athletic department only makes 26 million dollars in profit instead of 25.

Congrats. But why don't you tell KSR they are wrong directly?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT