ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. Ole Miss (Game 2)

Comebakatz3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2008
UK down 4-2 in the top of the sixth. AJ Red has a couple of blasts to give him is 18th and 19th home runs off the season. Dwyer was sold for 4 innings but gave up 4, including two solo shots, in the 5th to give Ole Miss the lead. Henderson, in my opinion, made a mistake and sent Dwyer back out for the 6th and he put the first two runners on. Chandler Shepherd note coming in to relieve and try to get UK out of this jam.

Similar to past seasons, UK tends to struggle in big games later in the season. They battled back impressively last week after just flat out laying an egg against a poor Mizzou team that everyone else in the league has worked over, but they are struggling mightily again this weekend in all phases of the game (AJ Reed's power hitting being an exception).

Ugh... UK now down 10-2. Ole Miss making us look very bad and working us over. I don't think Henderson handles pressure well and I think that gets imposed upon the players. He isn't loose so his players aren't loose. Need the bats to wake up to give us some confidence going into Sunday's game.

Unfortunately I think Henderson struck good with Reed and Cousino and they have really saved his job. Without their pay we don't make the post season two years ago or this year. Making it this year will extend his time as coach here. Until the administration decides that making it into the SEC tournament every other year isn't good enough then we'll continue to have Henderson at the helm. He'll do just enough to continue to hold his job.

Henny coaches uptight and his players follow suit........to many errors for mediocre team....keep workin' that's all I can say.......... hope for best.....
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Most disapointing series so far this year. No phase of the game has UK played well at, desperately need to win Sunday game, or I can see a huge tailspin coming up. Tennessee knocked off LSU 6-2 in Baton Rouge Saturday, we have them next weekend in K-town.

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:
Unfortunately I think Henderson struck good with Reed and Cousino and they have really saved his job. Without their pay we don't make the post season two years ago or this year. Making it this year will extend his time as coach here. Until the administration decides that making it into the SEC tournament every other year isn't good enough then we'll continue to have Henderson at the helm. He'll do just enough to continue to hold his job.
Agreed. I really think Barnhart made a huge mistake keeping him. Cohen was a much better skipper. I hated losing him.

Cohen has his faults but he was definitely a solid coach and much better than Henderson. But with all the great couches in this league UK really needs to step up and find a home run hire. First step is to get rid of Henderson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT