ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky is the #2 overall seed in the NCAA *BASEBALL* tournament!!!

I think UK should expect to go to Omaha with this draw and playing at home. Not sure what would happen when we get there, but that should be the realistic goal.

With home games guaranteed for the Regional and then the Super-Regional, I hope UK’s batting can overpower all they see.

Do the Cats really have the pitching to win it all on neutral ground?

At least we would not have to see UT until the championship.

Reactions: bluecoon1
I have to admit losing that Kennesaw St series made me think we’d finish mid-pack at best in the SEC then we went on an amazing run. Just goes to show how unpredictable baseball can be I guess.

With home games guaranteed for the Regional and then the Super-Regional, I hope UK’s batting can overpower all they see.

Do the Cats really have the pitching to win it all on neutral ground?

At least we would not have to see UT until the championship.
I share your concerns about pitching. Home field advantage should be strong though, and fellow contenders UT, Arkansas, FSU, UNC all on other side of the bracket.

Reactions: bluecoon1
Alabama and Vanderbilt ended their seasons losing to teams with an RPI over 100. Being at home surely helps the home team. Both Vanderbilt and Alabama were on the road. South Carolina and Florida are also on the road in regionals and are having their hands full in the winner's bracket game.

One #1 and two #2 seeds didn't win a game in regionals: Arizona, Alabama, and Vanderbilt. How in the world did Arizona get to be a #1? They must have some incriminating photos or something.

Tournament so far seems very balanced to me. Few blowouts.
Agreed. I'm also surprised that more host teams aren't in trouble. Shocked that Arkansas lost on Hagen Smith day, but the fact that UVA, Georgia, Clemson, Oregon state, and others all won was a bit surprising.

Agreed. I'm also surprised that more host teams aren't in trouble. Shocked that Arkansas lost on Hagen Smith day, but the fact that UVA, Georgia, Clemson, Oregon state, and others all won was a bit surprising.
I was very surprised that Vandy was sent home so early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT