ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Georgia

CoachZ77

Sophomore
Dec 7, 2004
AJ Reed getting it done. 7-0 Cats going to the 8th, Reed throwing a shutout and has four hits at the plate. Cats clinch an SEC berth with a win tonight.

UK actually up 9-0 in the 8th inning. Curious pattern of winning 1st game of a series big, then struggling the next 2 games !

Probably the understatement of the year to say the hitters are more relaxed with AJ on the mound knowing they don't have to outslug the other team to win.

Cats blow out UGA by a count of 13-0, that combined with Auburn losing 10-0 to LSU clinches an SEC tourney berth !

Some finals from SEC games tonight....LSU 10 Auburn 0, Florida 6 UT 5, Ole Miss 8 A&M 4. All of the teams closest to us lost tonight. UK now tied with Texas A&M at 13-15 in the SEC, cats are 2 games up on Vols.

Hope they have consistent effort and results in this series with Georgia!Would go along with trying to end season on a positive note! Still need changes in program,to perform like it should!

Fridays (or Thursday in this case) always seem to give me some hope. However, the last several Saturday/Sunday games have been pretty disheartening. So, I am going to just take a step back and play wait and see before getting excited.

That being said, if we finish ahead of Texas A&M then I definitely think we're in the NCAA tournament.

Originally posted by Comebakatz3:

Fridays (or Thursday in this case) always seem to give me some hope. However, the last several Saturday/Sunday games have been pretty disheartening. So, I am going to just take a step back and play wait and see before getting excited.

That being said, if we finish ahead of Texas A&M then I definitely think we're in the NCAA tournament.
Great effort last night. Now they've gotta keep the pedal to the metal and win at least one of the next two vs. UGA. Win the series and they will have won half of their SEC weekend series (with Florida, South Carolina, Texas A&M, and Auburn under the belt) and put them at least 14 wins in SEC play, which should help the NCAA resume. It would also possibly put them up a spot in the SEC seedings, which could possibly help improve chances of staying in Hoover longer, which would also boost the NCAA resume.

I have looked at some different bracketologist, all have UK in the NCAA's. The difference is where they have the Cats, one has them in Virginia's' regional, one in Washington, and one in Indiana's, (This is where I think they wind up). The very good RPI, and outstanding SOS is what the selection committee likes.

Originally posted by CloverforkCat:

I have looked at some different bracketologist, all have UK in the NCAA's. The difference is where they have the Cats, one has them in Virginia's' regional, one in Washington, and one in Indiana's, (This is where I think they wind up). The very good RPI, and outstanding SOS is what the selection committee likes.
I think that they have us in the tournament because they didn't think that we'd finish below 10th in the SEC with our remaining schedule, and the schedule of the other teams around us. However, I was not so optimistic after our showing the past 3-4 weekends. Now, I think we should at least finish 10th and that might be enough to get us into the NCAA. Last year only 10 SEC teams made the tournament and I think that same number would hold true this year. So, I think 10th is the magic number for us.

Plus, we haven't had good luck with NCAA draws. haha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT