ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Arkansas (Game 2)

I can't do it... I'm turning it off. This will make me too mad. This team better have a talk because this is inexcusable.

7-0 Hogs after a 3-run HR in the top of the third. Lewis just hasn't been sharp today and credit to Arkansas hitters for taking advantage. Hopefully UK's bats wake up at some point so that they can have a fighting chance in game 3 considering that Thompson isn't available and UK will have to pitch guys without a lot of weekend experience.

We're done. This is a sweep waiting to happen. I don't mind losing a series to a tough team on the road, but we didn't even show up.

They have 10 f-ing hits in 3 innings and we don't have a single damn one.

It amazes me... I try to line up the Headrick audio and the video and get it about right and every half inning it gets thrown off one way or the other.

I'm going to listen, but no sense watching. I logged into work and going to multitask for a bit. It has been brutal, but maybe we overestimate this team based on a fairly easy early schedule. We did take the series from Texas Tech, but maybe they aren't what people thought early on.

Becker needs to be sitting. He's hurt imo. Watch him run. A wild pitch gets away and he's unable to advance. I think it's because he's banged up.

I'm going to listen, but no sense watching. I logged into work and going to multitask for a bit. It has been brutal, but maybe we overestimate this team based on a fairly easy early schedule. We did take the series from Texas Tech, but maybe they aren't what people thought early on.

I don't think this team played an easy schedule. We've played some pretty solid teams and we've beaten them all. Yesterday was frustrating but we played pretty much well enough to win. Difference was that our big flies went to right and theirs went to left. I think that's a coaching error. For instance... guys like Becker and Pompey can switch hit but with the wind being what it was it was probably better to have them hit from the right side even against righties.

There are some problems with this team... need to get them cleaned up. Pitching is way less impressive than we'd hoped. Like I said yesterday, we've not had much of a sharp dominant pitching showing from any pitcher this year.

Always look great pre SEC then once SEC hits....

That was a product of playing very poor opponents. The last two years we've not done that. We played Tech (ranked 3rd) this year and took 2 of 3. We played UNC a year ago and actually got swept. This is a bad weekend for us. We can regroup.

So... This again begs the question of why the hell is Cottam hitting 8th!?! This lineup is just silly.

This is total system failure. Lewis over 100 pitches losing 8-1 and still going and we have just now gotten a pitcher up.

Make that 11-1 as he gives up a home run to right. Where the **** is Belanger!?!?!

I think I'm getting ready to concentrate on work. It has been pretty brutal. Lewis' ERA is going to be blowing up like a balloon. Even just listening to it is discouraging.

Watching is even worse. They look like they are out of their league.
You guys will be alright. The Hogs are loaded this season and have been very hot today. I am not sure what to think about your pitching or the coaching decisions with your pitching staff, but obviously, they know more about it than me. Still one game to go.

Reactions: Mass31
The decisions by Belanger have been very poor. It was clear early that Lewis was struggling and instead he let him give up 11 freaking runs. Then went to Brad... who is certainly not a close down guy. Just bad decisions. Then deciding to only pitch Coleman one inning yesterday is mind blowing

The decisions by Belanger have been very poor. It was clear early that Lewis was struggling and instead he let him give up 11 freaking runs. Then went to Brad... who is certainly not a close down guy. Just bad decisions. Then deciding to only pitch Coleman one inning yesterday is mind blowing
I obviously don't know your team, but the RH pitcher that came in from Lexington and put us away quickly without a problem last night only threw one inning and maybe 10 pitches.

Gentlemen this is going to be a long disappointing season in afraid...we'll see hope I'm totally wrong.

At the risk of sounding over-dramatic, Game 3 in this thing is almost a "must win" if you have thoughts of winning the SEC championship. Can't start 0-3 in a 30-game schedule.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
I obviously don't know your team, but the RH pitcher that came in from Lexington and put us away quickly without a problem last night only threw one inning and maybe 10 pitches.

That was Coleman. That's who I was talking about. The moment he didn't come back out I was scratching my head.

Me too.....he made quick work of us and looked dominant.
He is feast or famine. He is nasty but also gives up a lot of walks. Still, I think he's been somewhat under utilized this year.

By the way, glad you're here visiting and thanks for being respectful. Those kind of visitors are always welcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT