ADVERTISEMENT

Keeping tabs with Syracuse nation tonight...

I know this won't be popular, but I read through that thread and it looks just like the threads over here when we lose a recruit.

You got a handful of people bashing the kid and saying how dumb the decision was and why. Then you've got a handful of people saying something shady went on and throwing around accusations. Then you've got a select few trying to reason with everyone, and assure them it's not a big deal

Also a few calling the ones out that are bashing the kid on social media.

It happens almost every time we lose a recruit now.

We just went through this with Lonnie Walker even though most kind of knew we weren't likely getting him.
Apples and Oranges. Pun intended.

I know every fan cheers for and want the for their school, but explain to me how you can convince yourself that playing for Cuse and their style of play would have turned Green into a more attractive NBA prospect? What part of the zone defense Cuse is known for would do a better job of developing Green as a future NBA point guard? I know we can all be biased for the team we cheer for, but I would never make the argument a talented football player ruined his odds of playing in the NFL by signing with Saban at Bama instead of signing with Kentucky. I would never say that. If I could type something as dumb as that, making myself actually believe it to be true would be impossible. I know Cuse has Mello to use as proof for making NBA dreams come true, but surely those guys don't really think Cuse's zone defense made Mello the defensive force he is known as in today's NBA. JK!

The best messages over there are the ones where they say Frank howard ( who you ask ? their starting pg this year) is better then Green. LMAO . Howard is as average as the day is long. He isn't even one of their 4-5 best players on the team this season but he is better then Green , the best true pg ( Duval and Young are scorers first) in HS .

[laughing] Good Lord, now they say he was too short anyway and they're better off without him and Cal
can never get a midget guard under 6 foot (I guess he's shrunk since 9:30) to the NBA.

Orange bitches, may I kindly present Exhibit A: (now go get something for that butt)

2vi1p9z.jpg

I know this won't be popular, but I read through that thread and it looks just like the threads over here when we lose a recruit.

You got a handful of people bashing the kid and saying how dumb the decision was and why. Then you've got a handful of people saying something shady went on and throwing around accusations. Then you've got a select few trying to reason with everyone, and assure them it's not a big deal

We just went through this with Lonnie Walker even though most kind of knew we weren't likely getting him.

I don't think this board is near the hatred level it is of that Syracuse board. The thing with Lonnie Walker is that he went to a lesser school that makes it seem very surprising. If he chose a school like Duke or Kansas you could understand it, but going with a surprise team that caught all the experts off guard could seem fishy. None of the Crystal ball picks had Miami except the Miami homer guy. You expect the big named schools to be able to swoop in and possibly get a player at the last second, but not a relatively average program.

Truth is, at only 6ft tall, he's not a great fit for their 2-3 zone, and we all know Jim B will never change that approach. Meanwhile, Calipari prefers taller guards himself, yet he's shown again and again that he will adjust the team's style and approach to fit the personnel. Ulis thrived. Seems to me Green made an excellent decision.

Shhhh. Don't tell the Syracuse fans. They still think Green had a bunch of money in that backpack of his.

Truth is, at only 6ft tall, he's not a great fit for their 2-3 zone, and we all know Jim B will never change that approach. Meanwhile, Calipari prefers taller guards himself, yet he's shown again and again that he will adjust the team's style and approach to fit the personnel. Ulis thrived. Seems to me Green made an excellent decision.
He is 6'1 but your point is correct.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
I follow a girl arguing with a Syracuse fan on Twitter. They said they didn't want Green because he was all about himself and she replied he averaged 9.8 assists per game hahaha. Also said Cal promised him his spot and he never could understand when she said he had to start because they lost all of their guards. Good grief.

Reactions: UKrazycat2

I dunno. I don't really get that worked up about losing out on a 5 star guy since Cals gotten here. I know he'll have another one waiting.

Reactions: awf
My favorite part is that they're simultaneously saying 1.) Quade was plan C for UK, and 2.) UK undoubtedly paid for him. Haha, we opened up the money bags for our plan C. Those mf'ers are saltier than the Dead Sea.

I think this guy's my favorite:

I think he lacks integrity and respect and I take pleasure in imagining his dismay when he gets there. Kentucky is decades behind the northeast culture and he is in for a shock when he's off court. I hate using the word hillbillies but most are. I think Calapari owns only suit in the state. Here comes a hip( he thinks he is) philly kid trying to get along with dimwits. Unless your there for sports people outside Kentucky don't flock there for an education. And years down the road he can go down there and hang out as an unknown compared to other realsuperstars ( ie Davis Towns etc)instead of with us near his hometown where he may have been legend. My roommate at Cuse went to Chapel hill freshmen year and was miserable( he's jersey) and said even the girls were dumb dumb dumb. Enjoy your college life lost amongst bigger superstars.no hard feelings(felt you were too short anyway)

http://nypost.com/2012/01/31/bernie-fines-wife-had-sex-with-players-court-papers-reveal/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...a-violations-jim-boeheim-punishment/24504927/

http://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...3/syracuse-ncaa-scandal-explained-jim-boeheim

What is Syracuse being punished for?
Syracuse is being punished for three things:

• Improper benefits
  • Academic misconduct
  • A failure to enforce the school's drug policy
What is the punishment?
The basketball program is losing 12 scholarships over the next four years. Boeheim was given a nine-game suspension and docked 108 career victories, which will drop him from No. 2 to No. 6 on all-time wins list. The men's basketball and football program will each be on probation for five years. The number of permissible off-campus recruiters will be trimmed from four to two starting June 1, 2015 and ending May 31, 2017.

Syracuse also has a lot of money to pay up

Reactions: Aike
Lol, very disturbing

It is very disturbing how they dominate recruiting . I find it unbelievable that no improprieties have been exposed over the years regarding gifts and academic standing. How do ALL his players( many wouldn't even attend college if not for hoops) qualify academically every year ( most are one and done and doubt they take academics seriously). There has to be shenanigans somewhere and massive circumvention of flawed system. This NBA breeding ground is ruining the purity of college (amature) basketball and turning into a farce. Guess money is root of all evil and Calipari is the master manipulator. He would fail in NBA and he knows it.

It's fine it's the way kids are and recruiting is. Kids want to be given something instead of earning it and schools like Kentucky are more than willing to give...

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Syracuse should understand shenanigans. Especially of the academic nature.

I think he lacks integrity and respect and I take pleasure in imagining his dismay when he gets there. Kentucky is decades behind the northeast culture and he is in for a shock when he's off court. I hate using the word hillbillies but most are. I think Calapari owns only suit in the state. Here comes a hip( he thinks he is) philly kid trying to get along with dimwits. Unless your there for sports people outside Kentucky don't flock there for an education. And years down the road he can go down there and hang out as an unknown compared to other realsuperstars ( ie Davis Towns etc)instead of with us near his hometown where he may have been legend. My roommate at Cuse went to Chapel hill freshmen year and was miserable( he's jersey) and said even the girls were dumb dumb dumb. Enjoy your college life lost amongst bigger superstars.no hard feelings(felt you were too short anyway)
On a related note, I wrote a review of living on the surface of Mars if anybody cares to read. That's based off of the same amount of personal experience as this guy's evaluation of Kentucky.

Lol, very disturbing

It is very disturbing how they dominate recruiting . I find it unbelievable that no improprieties have been exposed over the years regarding gifts and academic standing. How do ALL his players( many wouldn't even attend college if not for hoops) qualify academically every year ( most are one and done and doubt they take academics seriously). There has to be shenanigans somewhere and massive circumvention of flawed system. This NBA breeding ground is ruining the purity of college (amature) basketball and turning into a farce. Guess money is root of all evil and Calipari is the master manipulator. He would fail in NBA and he knows it.

It's fine it's the way kids are and recruiting is. Kids want to be given something instead of earning it and schools like Kentucky are more than willing to give...

Wishin ida gots me one a dem Serialcuse deeplomars. *amature

They have been pretty hilarious. I went to their board and they were talking about how they would have beat us in 2012 if they had Fab Melo (same guy with 7 career points and 3 career rebounds in the NBA) and that we havent't been that good the past 20 years (we have 4 final fours since 2011, they have 6 final fours in their entire history).

Good stuff. Salty.

Very clever the one guy saying Cal can't make it in the NBA and knows it. Trying to play on the ego thing. Funny though as The Man will never read that anyways.

I do give them points for effort though.

I know every fan cheers for and want the for their school, but explain to me how you can convince yourself that playing for Cuse and their style of play would have turned Green into a more attractive NBA prospect? What part of the zone defense Cuse is known for would do a better job of developing Green as a future NBA point guard? I know we can all be biased for the team we cheer for, but I would never make the argument a talented football player ruined his odds of playing in the NFL by signing with Saban at Bama instead of signing with Kentucky. I would never say that. If I could type something as dumb as that, making myself actually believe it to be true would be impossible. I know Cuse has Mello to use as proof for making NBA dreams come true, but surely those guys don't really think Cuse's zone defense made Mello the defensive force he is known as in today's NBA. JK!

Here are 2 links that should tell you all you need to know about choosing Syracuse over UK if you have NBA aspirations:

http://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/Atlantic-Coast-Conference/1/Syracuse/382/nba-players

http://basketball.realgm.com/ncaa/conferences/Southeastern-Conference/8/Kentucky/258/nba-players

Their third best player would be our 17th best player.

Their only All-star level player in the NBA was drafted in 2003. We have 20 players in the NBA that were drafted since 2010. Only 1 (- Rondo - or 2, if you count Meeks) were drafted before 2009.

Quite frankly, them arguing that the kid should have even given a 2nd thought to SU once he got a UK offer is one of the dumber things I have read on the internet in the past 20 years.

Arguing over a decided recruit , makes as much sense as arguing over a political race after the fact. It makes as much sense as screwin for virginity

I will say what everyone else is thinking, I hope his basketball career crashes and burns. I hope Trae commits to UK and Quade is an afterthought. He will then be recruited over year after year and never play professionally because he's a midget. Bad move on his part, he had the chance to be developed by real coaches.

The tears taste wonderful!

So, what are you, a 6th grader? How classless to make such a statement. This kids dream is to play in the NBA. Do you honestly believe that Jim Boeheim can prepare him for the NBA than better than Cal? Just look at each coaches track record getting players to the NBA. How about 5 to 1, Cal over Boeheim.

So, what are you, a 6th grader? How classless to make such a statement. This kids dream is to play in the NBA. Do you honestly believe that Jim Boeheim can prepare him for the NBA than better than Cal? Just look at each coaches track record getting players to the NBA. How about 5 to 1, Cal over Boeheim.
That was all sarcasm, and it all went way over your head. Good job.

They want to be in our region so they can provide "payback"

You should be careful what you ask for...the Big Blue Mist will descend upon you like a biblical locust and consume you.

Yeah, saw where they now want to play us in the tournament.

No, they don't. Would not end well for them.

Guy is calling people from Kentucky uneducated hillbillies while typing a post that wouldn't pass 5th grade grammar.

Those arguments are priceless.

Questioning why elite kids would want to play for Cal is like questioning why academically elite kids would want to attend Oxford, Harvard, or Yale.

I think this post takes the cake for me. Talk about bigotry... have you ever read a more bigoted view of an entire STATE than this? I can handle the typical sour grapes, and that's in there too, but this person really has some issues. And sadly, I doubt he can even see how bigoted this is. He clearly believes what he's saying here. It just goes to show that it's best just to keep your mouth shut when you're angry, before you say something you're gonna regret.

Normal for some fans even though I think it's wrong for adults to do. Some did that here when Bennett and shabazz signed at UNLV and UCLA. Every blueblood has dumb fans like that

Yep

crying orange mj is awesome. catphight is like the band trying new styles. not the ambitious production of the yum center gif. just simple dynamics brilliantly used. i'd rank this #2 behind only "whorenopoly". this is benchmark work.

The hypocrisy and stupidity in that post is of biblical proportions. Especially when you consider Syracuse, New York is festering, puss filled boil of a city. The ignorance of that fanbase is hilarious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT