ADVERTISEMENT

Jonathan Jackson

Dablueman

Senior
Feb 5, 2003
Does anyone know if we are in on LB Jonathan Jackson out of Mayfield. Just a rising JR but has led Mayfield to two state championships. Saw on Nebraskas Scout page that they are showing interest in him. This kid is a freak.

I read somewhere that they are very interested in him, still pretty early.

That is hard to tell... He is from Western Ky. I know I know... a lot of other programs swoop in here and get out prospects quite a bit and they play well for their programs but all fans from E. Ky know that West Ky sucks because they are small schools and play nobody.

I hope you all can detect the sarcasm.

Rumored to be offered a scholly, he will be a jr. this season. Great looking prospect.

I don't jump on the bandwagon easily, but this kid can flat out play. Would like to see him against better competition though as he plays in class A.
Also Travis Elliott is a major miss that probably could still be corrected. He ran a legitimate 4.5 forty recently and he weighs in at about 215. This guy has a very agressive attitude. I expect him to lead Ryle all the way to the state finals.

You really don't have to worry bout level of competition where Jackson is concerned they beat 2 5A schools 2 3A schools including state power Paducah Tilgman who had 1 UK signee and 1 potential UK recruit on the team. Mayfield is a State power the only 1A school who can come close to them in tradition is Beechwood

UK has shown some interest, but I know for a fact that JJ is getting much more love from other schools than he is being shown from UK. Stupid on their part, because he's a great kid off the field and an absolute beast on the field. I'll admit I know zero about other recruits, but with regards to JJ I have first hand knowledge that UK is being outworked.

Uk needs to offer the kid. Uk also needs to take a look at Jr WR Jordan Olinger as well. A kid who can go up and get the ball and is very hard to defend on the deep ball.

Any more news on J Jackson ? I sure hope we land him, he seems just right for one of the OLB spots, good size, and great speed.

I cannot believe we have not offered this kid. He is better than both kids we got from Tilgman. Heck while were at it we need to go after the big defensive end from Mayfield to. I am not knocking the kids from Paducah they are great players he is just that good. Heck If you like Trevathan then go get Jackson. Similar build and he plays just like him. He is in on every tackle. Just watch him dominate a Louiville Holy Cross team who was averaging 60 points a game Mayfield held them to 0 and I bet Jackson had 15 tackles or more. Oh yeah he is a 1400 yard rusher who is averaging 8 yards a carry to. I mean this kid is a little undersized but so was Randall Cobb. Please Pleas UK dont let this kid go to UL or Ol Miss.

Jackson looks tiny on the field playing Class A ball in Kentucky, I dont care how good of a football player he is he would get eaten alive in the SEC.

You are wrong. Have you seen him play other than some of his Sophmore footage on YouTube? I live in Mayfield have seen him in person on more than one occation he is every bit of 5-11 and 200 lb. very similar build to what Trevathan was as a true Freshman. I am 5-8 and he is every bit of 3 inches taller than me and Yes I have stood next to him in person. He didnt look small playing against 3A pad tilgman or 2A Murray or 5A graves county or 5A Marshall county. He plays 1A ball for a state power team who has not lost but 1 game in 3 years. going against higher class schools who have made deep runs into the playoff. He is just a JR and is 5-11 200lbs he was about 5-9 185 as a Soph which is most of the online footage. Randall Cobb wasnt taken seriosly by Tn because he was a little undersized and played for a small school in TN how did that work out for them?

He only looks big to you because you are 5'8" (which is probably exaggerated) he is small and not overly fast. He has similar size to Qua Huzzie without as much bulk and would never see the field at UK.

Jacksons Scout profile as a Jr 6ft 215. Those are usually exagerated. Jackson told me his a little over 5ft11 and 205. Trevathans Scout profile as a JR 6ft1 200. Dont know Danny to ask him how accurate that was but his High School Roster lists him as 6ft2 195 as a JR. I also bet Danny was smaller than jackson as a Soph. Most people go online and look at the available footage of him now some of this was posted lately but I have looked at it and based on the teams we were playing and who was home and away it was 2010 games which were Jacksons Soph year. Now UK lists Trevathan at 6ft1. Sorry to be so defensive but I have seen alot of talented Highschool football players alot of who were Major division one. Let me tell you UK got a tightend from Tilgman last year and a widereciever this year. I have watched Jackson go up against both of these kids as a Soph he was up there with both of them and excells on both sides of the ball. Heck he could even play some John Conner lead blocking as a fullback. If anyone who has seen him play a whole game in person and disagrees with me let me know. Oh yeah Jackson is an A student as well.

You know i didnt throw a personal jab at you. Believe me I know how tall I am. I am also smart enough to tell how much taller someone is than me. I have seen him in person have you? I will admit his speed could be a factor but Mayfield Coach Joe Morris told me some of his 40 time were hampered by injuries. That when healthy he runs a consistent 4.6 in the forty. Coach Joe also said that Jackson maybe the best player to ever come through Mayfield. Who is the number 6 winniest highschool program in the country so they have had some players. Dont know why you are hating. Have you seen him play in person?

Once again...he led a defense that defeated Beechwood. He made a bunch of tackles and ran the ball extremely well. As I rule, I discount those who make their bones vs Class A players, but I know what my eyes tell me. BTW, I saw the Harrodsburg trio of Johnson, Yeast and Poynter and declared them "not as advertised."
Nussbaum of Beechwood is a Jr and is being recruited by UK. Jackson brought him down 1 on 1 and no one else could do that consistently all year.
Size is nice, but heart is nicer. Were it otherwise Larry Wilson would not be in the NFL Hall of Fame along with a lot of other sub 6' players.
Judging players you have not seen often results in embarrasment.

Jackson is the real deal. thing is he rushed for 200 yards and 2 tds against that Beechwood D. Hard to believe that he is just a JR thing is Labront Scott on that Mayfield D may be every bit as good and tough as nails played the entire game on a torn hammy and they still couldnt keep him from pressuring the QB even though he had one leg.

I think KY should offer, great kid, great player,very good student, slightly undersized but has a great motor.
This post was edited on 5/25 10:53 AM by mumbles_2007Joker gets all these players that cant play , give this young man a chance, he can play...for sure.
This post was edited on 6/12 6:05 PM by mumbles_2007

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT