ADVERTISEMENT

John Wall - he should have been born in KY

TankedCat

All-American
Nov 8, 2006
Always liked John Wall - very emotional in all the right ways about family, loyalty, commitment, stud player who wanted to shine at UK, made players around him better - no shortage of superlatives for him.

To hear him talk about Kentucky now, the guy just seems like he is a great representative as being a name on the front of the jersey guy.

Like I said, always liked the guy but he's gone up several notches IMO as one of the all time fav's here for his love of the program after he left. He is in Chuck Hayes territory to me.

Will always love John Wall. He was my generation's Mashburn. Came in at a very low point in our history and helped turn things around.

I don't know if he has any interest in it but would love to see him on the staff.

Last edited:
Will always love John Wall. He was my generation's Mashburn. Came in at a very low point in out history and helped turn things around.

I don't know if he has any interest in it but would love to see him on the staff.
He cleared over $75 million his last three years (post tax) and barely played a few games. It would be hard to give up sailing the world and doing virtually anything you want to do, but I find it interesting that Wall still frequents AU tournaments and seemingly enjoys being in the thick of the high school basketball scene.

If he ever got bored with his millions and wanted to compete as a coach, I think he would be an incredible addition to the staff.

If Wall wanted to step into coaching he'd be one of the best recruiters in the game day 1. And being a high level NBA pg it's not like he doesn't already know the strategy of basketball like a coach.

If the guy is still going to high school tournaments, I can't imagine he doesn't have some level of interest.

Always liked John Wall - very emotional in all the right ways about family, loyalty, commitment, stud player who wanted to shine at UK, made players around him better - no shortage of superlatives for him.

To hear him talk about Kentucky now, the guy just seems like he is a great representative as being a name on the front of the jersey guy.

Like I said, always liked the guy but he's gone up several notches IMO as one of the all time fav's here for his love of the program after he left. He is in Chuck Hayes territory to me.
Wall should have a Jersey hung up IMO. Him and AD represent player greatness and the freshman era. Wall elevated Kentucky back to prominence and is still the guy I think of first for the Calipari era. He’s a great representative and I think he will be like Issel and Walker in being a presence around campus for many decades to come.

The most fun player I can recall. Also had the best high school highlights I’ve seen besides maybe Derrick Rose?
Best mix tape ever. Dude was the most fun player I’ve ever seen honestly. If he ever had a complete jumper he would have been all time amazing but in his prime he was ridiculously amazing. I have never been as excited too sign one player in my life. I was 100% sure he would dominate college basketball and make us elite and he did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT