ADVERTISEMENT

Jemari Baker reminder

SGA, Knox and and Vanderbilt are entering their 6th year in the NBA.

And they were in the same UK class as Baker. Weird.
Damn!!! That's crazy. They all will be retiring from the league and Baker will be retiring from College and his social security should kick straight in.

Are we finally done with this whole extra Covid season? It’s getting ridiculous.

I enjoyed college, too, but 7 years of playing d1 sports is a little much.

One more year of it, but the final year will only consist of the guys from the 2020 recruiting class, like Lance Ware, or guys that redshirted in 19/20, like Dontaie Allen.

To Baker's credit, he didn't play in 17/18, nor 21/22 (5 games), and just 12 games in 20/21.

Last edited:
Reactions: dckala2
His fellow signees in that 2017 class will have signed for over $300 million in NBA contracts by the time he finishes his college career.
Well he made more than they did in college.... Legally anyway 😂. So he always has that.

Some other notable 19/20 guys that redshirted and will have eligibility in 24/25, which will seem ridiculous:

Dontaie Allen (WKU)
Brandon Newman (WKU)
Dejuan Harris (KU)
Patrick McCaffery (Iowa)
Kadin Shedrick (Texas)
Eric Dixon (Nova)
Benjamin Bosmans-Verdonk (S Car)
Oumar Ballo (Zona)
Dieonte Miles (Xavier)
Jalen Bridges (Baylor)
Jalen Withers (UNC)

Reactions: Skyguyb27
Sounds like Williams in Memphis, really is asking the NCAA for a 7th year. He is 26 now, born Oct, 4th, 1996
Jefferson on the football team is same, 7th year. Had a redshirt, a covid year, and in what would have been year 6 blew his knee out game 1.

Sounds like Williams in Memphis, really is asking the NCAA for a 7th year. He is 26 now, born Oct, 4th, 1996

He's worse as he went to prep school for a year 'after' high school and may have just sat out another year - I believe he spent some time in CC that he then quit so his eligibility is up in the air as to whether Evansville was his sophomore year or freshman year. He was never hurt like Baker either.

• Haha
Reactions: ORCAT and Fox2monk
Not gonna lie, if that was me, I would be pretty embarrassed.

I can understand staying an extra year because of injury or graduate year....but at this point, it is time for Jemarl to either go pro overseas or go pro in something other than basketball.
When you are in school during a possible Third Presidential term it may be time to go.

He's worse as he went to prep school for a year 'after' high school and may have just sat out another year - I believe he spent some time in CC that he then quit so his eligibility is up in the air as to whether Evansville was his sophomore year or freshman year. He was never hurt like Baker either.
Dude is gonna have 6 kids by the time he’s out of college.

Reactions: jrpross and chroix
bluto-animal-house.jpg

Alot of people go to college for seven years. Yeah, they're called doctors.
I'd love to see what his transcripts look like. I'd hope he got more out of it than underwater basket weaving. Should be in Med/Law school by now.

Reactions: Fox2monk
With NIL, he's making $$ playing basketball.
And may be working on his Masters Degree....free of charge.

I think he might have gamed the system and won.

If the NCAA is gonna let him keep playing, more power to the kid. Especially if he's really working on his masters. I don't know if that's actually the case or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT